Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: At airport...arrival...ATM's??

Liked

At airport...arrival...ATM's??

Upon arrival,,,and PRIOR to the Immigration counters for entrance into the country,
    are their ATM machines in case someone needs cash to cover funds to show they have money
    to stay in Thailand...Friend is asking me and I don't know.
    I am in such a hurry to get to the IMM counters I have never looked around the areas before
    the IMM counters...Thanks

Liked

Re: At airport...arrival...ATM's??

I clearly remember one exchange booth, but didn't pay attention to ATMs.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Google of "Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok ATM machines" produced the following locations which appear to be accessible before IMM. Probably additional ATM's besides TMB before reaching IMM.

TMB banks /ATM cash machines at BKK's passenger terminal
    :
    On Level B near the entrance
    On Level 2
    near doors 1 & 7 & at Exit C; before Exit C; in the International Hall; and at Concourses C, D, & E
    On Level 3 in the passenger terminal and in both Concourses C & E.
    On level 4 between doors 1 & 2; at Sections DE, HK/ KL PQ/ RS & W; and on the concourse connector between E & C gates.

Liked

Yes. There are plenty of ATMs. They're quick and easy to use. I always get cash out of one when I arrive.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    Google of "Suvarnabhumi Airport Bangkok ATM machines" produced the following locations which appear to be accessible before IMM. Probably additional ATM's besides TMB before reaching IMM.

TMB banks /ATM cash machines at BKK's passenger terminal
    :
    On Level B near the entrance
    On Level 2
    near doors 1 & 7 & at Exit C; before Exit C; in the International Hall; and at Concourses C, D, & E
    On Level 3 in the passenger terminal and in both Concourses C & E.
    On level 4 between doors 1 & 2; at Sections DE, HK/ KL PQ/ RS & W; and on the concourse connector between E & C gates.
    Arrivals is level 2, it appears there is no ATM before passport control although I have seen both TMB and SCB ATM's in the baggage claim area, before customs and exiting to the public area. Of course, there are ATMs throughout the airport in the public areas but that doesn't help the op. I personally wouldn't worry about covering funds if passport control agent should ask(highly unlikely), just show them ATM and/or credit card or home country currency if they should ask.

Liked

Get as little as you can there; much better rates in Silom/Surawong and so on.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Get as little as you can there; much better rates in Silom/Surawong and so on.
    AFAIK all ATM's in Thailand charge the same 180bath for international transactions. Is there a difference in exchange rates between ATM's at the airport and those in the city? For cash exchanges I remember the booths at the level of the the train station offer better rates than those in the arrivals hall.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (July 14th, 2016)

Liked

ATM exchange rates the same in airport as elsewhere from my experience. Current fee for international withdrawals is 200 Baht.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (July 14th, 2016)

Liked

ATMS will give you the Mastercard or Visa rate, which will be the same on every ATM. The variables are the ATM fee and whatever percentage loading your own bank adds on.
    My comments are of course presuming that none of us would be dumb enough to accept the ATM offer to convert the transaction into your own currency at the ATM rate.

Anyone paying a >2.5% loading to their own bank and >180 baht to the ATM operator is most likely to be better off bringing a wad of cash and changing it at Super Rich. At least for the start of the trip.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 16th, 2016), frequent (August 19th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    ATMS will give you the Mastercard or Visa rate, which will be the same on every ATM.
    My comments are of course presuming that none of us would be dumb enough to accept the ATM offer to convert the transaction into your own currency at the ATM rate.
    and >180 baht to the ATM operator is most likely to be better off bringing a wad of cash and changing it at Super Rich. At least for the start of the trip.
    I have always refused the offer at ATMs after reading much advice to refuse but I have no idea why. BUT please Goji do not call me 'DUMB' for not understanding why!
    Also the ATM fee in almost every ATM now is 200 Baht not 180.