Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Essential to wear condom, even for oral sex

Liked

Re: Essential to wear condom, even for oral sex

Tobi, shut up already. Nobody gives a shit what pills scottish-guy is taking. No worries, I promise it's not going to cause a global epidemic.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; April 25th, 2016 at 17:16.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    It simply starts treating it at the point of contact. You're not immediately "cured". So, for example, you catch chlamydia from a guy, it gets exposed to your "prophylactic" antibiotic Doxycycline, but it isn't killed yet. You then transmit an antibiotic resistant version back down the next guy's throat.
    I think you're really reaching on this one, yet again. This spontaneous reaction between chlamydia and Doxycycline are going to happen during a sexual encounter where the chlamydia is going to exchange DNA with what other strain? I think if you look at the rise in the number of cases of chlamydia in Gay Men, it's probably more related to why we are seeing a rise in other types of infections with the same group. If chlamydia strains are exchanging DNA strains between other infections, we're talking about people who are infected with more than one type of chlamydia at a time. That's more related to people not noticing and treating symptoms as they appear and continuing to engage in casual sex, not what Scotty is describing. How you've connected all that to the entire third world escapes me still.

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    I think you're really reaching on this one, yet again.
    Apologies for the tardy response, I've been on holiday! I was using chlamydia as an example, but it applies to all STDs and all antibiotics. However, I'll let Lord Jim O'Neill have the last word on my behalf: "We need to inform in different ways, all over the world, why it's crucial we stop treating our antibiotics like sweets." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-36321394

Liked

Ok, Chicken Licken, I'll play - here's my contribution to the "OH MY FUCKING GOD WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE TOMORROW" game - and I think it trumps Lord Jimmy O'Neill (who is an economist and hasn't a single clinical qualification to his name):

"I came here today because I wanted to stress the urgency of the challenge to people who are not in this room.... there is still a pressing need for action.... this is not one of the summer movies where you can close your eyes during the scary parts." -- President Bill Clinton, in a speech about YK2/Millenium Bug at the National Academy of Sciences, July 15,1998

Remind me how that impending catastrophe (Yk2, not Clinton) worked out again, hmmmm?

Last edited by scottish-guy; May 19th, 2016 at 15:15.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Ok, I'll play...
    I'm not asking you to give up sex.

I'm not asking you to wear a condom.

I'm just asking you not to use antibiotics as prophylactics.

So, why won't you get regularly tested and treat any STDs as and when you catch them instead?

Liked

TobiSays....jpg

Did Tobi guarantee it, too?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    I know a few people in their 60's who think along the lines of "I'll die before it kills me"
    Yeah, nice friends you have, who like you, just don't give a shit about the risk of giving their partners drug-resistant STDs.
    Last edited by Tobi; May 19th, 2016 at 15:40.

Liked

Doctors in Thailand have told Sky News they are seeing a worrying growth of antibiotic-resistant infections - with some warning of a "collapse of the modern medical system" if urgent action is not taken.

At a children's hospital in Bangkok, associate professor of paediatrics Dr Warunee Vandepitte told Sky News that each month she is seeing children die from infections that until recently have been treatable.

http://news.sky.com/story/1694324/an...-global-crisis

Liked

The Y2K bug in 2000 stopped my central heating working so Clinton was right, it was urgent.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Yeah, nice friends you have, who like you, just don't give a shit about the risk of giving their partners drug-resistant STDs.
    Oh fuck off you trolling cunt.

No offence