Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Essential to wear condom, even for oral sex

Liked

Re: Essential to wear condom, even for oral sex

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I wasn't buying them for barboys I just met but for people who had spent the best part of a month with me. Oh, and any criticism from you is a bit rich given that you're the guy who bought a bar boy a motocy, huh?!! :P
    Actually sweetie pie, he wasn't a barboy, you weren't there and this is just another example of shit you know absolutely nothing about. Your logic, that Scotty taking antibiotics, whether you think he needs to or he thinks he needs to, has anything to do with any infection he may or may not have is simply silliness.

Now, if you have something sensible to add to the conversation, lay it out on the table! If you're only going to resort to calling people names and accusing them of having HIV when they don't, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to ban you.

Your choice pal!

Surfcrest

Liked

Tobi, what's up? Life has gotten you so down you've had to resort to this shit?

Hell, not only did I buy a bar boy a motorbike, I fell in love with him, we moved to Khon Kaen of all places in the world, I housed and fed everyone within his family at some point, bought his mom a "gwaai-tiao" stall & restraurant, built his dad a shop in the village, and the list of shit I did is pretty much endless.

What do ya figure?

Oh, and not to mention, it's Surfcrest's money. If he wants to buy someone a motorbike, I'm pretty sure he's allowed to.

EDIT: Actualy, I bought him two motorbikes. The second one had a side-cart, so he could transport his goods to sell Thai BBQ at the markets every day, which of course I funded the start up of.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; April 25th, 2016 at 15:28.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (April 25th, 2016)

Liked

I never claimed to be there, you told me in a PM you'd bought him a motorcycle.

Having sex whilst you're taking antibiotics is what is creating superbugs. Let's see if I can make this crystal clear. If you caught gonorrhea, you might have been prescribed Amoxicillin, 21 capsules to be taken 3 times a day for a week. You aren't cured instantly on taking the first capsule. You're warned it's essential to finish the course, even if the symptoms abate. Why? Because, if you stop midway, you can end up still being infected but now with a resistant variety. Even after a few days of treatment, you're likely to still be infectious, and if you're having sex with another person, you're probably transmitting a resistant variety of the disease.

This is why doctors and surgeons worldwide are begging people not to have sex whilst taking antibiotics, because sex is proving to be one of the biggest transmitters of drug-resistant diseases, especially amongst the young. See the original poster's link or http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...k-doctors-fear

"So I now self-treat with 100mg of Doxycycline daily as a prophylactic during the trip and follow up with a single dose of 1 gram of Azithromycin on my return. Since I started doing that - no problems." Doxycycline, and now azithromycin, are failing to treat super gonorrhea, because people are continuing to have sex whilst they're taking them or using them as prophylactics.

I'm gobsmacked that people on this board don't realise that without viable antibiotics, hundreds of millions will die around the globe, annually.

Oh, and if you read what I wrote, at no point did I state that @scottish-guy had HIV.

Liked

It was only in response to Surfcrest's bitching that I bought a couple of guys iPhones.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Heck, it's not happening even if every gay reader on every Board around the world is doing it!
    This is disproportionately affecting gay guys. http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/s...uk/#gs.LQOoBOc

I would have the same attitude if someone was here promoting barebacking whilst being HIV+. I get that @scottish-guy doesn't want to wear a condom because oral sex with condoms sucks, but I don't get why he insists on using antibiotics as prophylactics, when he could and should be tested and then get treated for anything he's caught. Doxycycline and azithromycin won't protect you from catching gonorrhea or syphilis, both of which can be transmitted orally, so getting tested is pretty much essential anyway.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Oh, and not to mention, it's Surfcrest's money. If he wants to buy someone a motorbike, I'm pretty sure he's allowed to.
    It was only in response to Surfcrest's bitching that I bought a couple of guys iPhones.

Liked

I never claimed to be there, you told me in a PM you'd bought him a motorcycle.

Having sex whilst you're taking antibiotics is what is creating superbugs. Let's see if I can make this crystal clear. If you caught gonorrhea, you might have been prescribed Amoxicillin, 21 capsules to be taken 3 times a day for a week. You aren't cured instantly on taking the first capsule. You're warned it's essential to finish the course, even if the symptoms abate. Why? Because, if you stop midway, you can end up still being infected but now with a resistant variety. Even after a few days of treatment, you're likely to still be infectious, and if you're having sex with another person, you're probably transmitting a resistant variety of the disease.

This is why doctors and surgeons worldwide are begging people not to have sex whilst taking antibiotics, because sex is proving to be one of the biggest transmitters of drug-resistant diseases, especially amongst the young. See the original poster's link or http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...k-doctors-fear

"So I now self-treat with 100mg of Doxycycline daily as a prophylactic during the trip and follow up with a single dose of 1 gram of Azithromycin on my return. Since I started doing that - no problems." Doxycycline, and now azithromycin, are failing to treat super gonorrhea, because people are continuing to have sex whilst they're taking them or using them as prophylactics.

I'm gobsmacked that people on this board don't realise that without viable antibiotics, hundreds of millions will die around the globe, annually.

Oh, and if you read what I wrote, at no point did I state that @scottish-guy had HIV.
    The PM I sent you wasn't just about that and this is when you first arrived and no one believed you were real.
    http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...ou!-quot-gifts

Anyhow, back to your theories:

It's true. Infections in general become stronger, as they become more resistant to antibiotics. An individual can weaken their resistance to an infection by not taking their antibiotics as prescribed. It doesn't need to be about having sex, gonorrhea, or Amoxicillin...it works that way with any infection. They key element, is that the infection or bacteria, must be extinguished from the body so that the other essential bacteria in your body can regenerate and return to making your bodily functions normal again.

I don't believe that was the example that Scotty gave to us and so I'm a bit confused why you need to reach so far to apply it to him? Scotty didn't say he had anything when he decided to "self-treat with 100mg of Doxycycline daily as a prophylactic during the trip and follow up with a single dose of 1 gram of Azithromycin on my return"

What impact would that have on the resistance of an infection...he doesn't even have? How is an infection he doesn't have going to become stronger and more resistant to antibiotics, when it doesn't even exist? So yes, he may be lowering his own body's effectiveness to use Doxycycline on this infection, if and when he ever has it again, or any other infection Doxycycline might be prescribed, but this would be relevant if Scotty was coming to Thailand each year, coming here a few times a year or living here year round and always taking the antibiotic. But that has no impact on the rest of the world or anyone else but Scotty.

I'd be more worried taking antibiotics when I didn't need to and the impact on the good bacteria in your body that you need to survive. Especially in Thailand, where antibiotics greatly lessen your skin's ability to resist UV rays.

Surfcrest
    Last edited by Surfcrest; April 25th, 2016 at 16:23.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    What impact would that have on the resistance of an infection...he doesn't even have? How is an infection he doesn't have going to become stronger and more resistant to antibiotics, when it doesn't even exist?
    If you take antibiotics as "prophylactics", as @scottish-guy is doing, it doesn't prevent you from catching something.

It simply starts treating it at the point of contact. You're not immediately "cured". So, for example, you catch chlamydia from a guy, it gets exposed to your "prophylactic" antibiotic Doxycycline, but it isn't killed yet. You then transmit an antibiotic resistant version back down the next guy's throat.

But hey, what does that matter? You finish your own "cure" by taking a larger dose of another antibiotic, azithromycin, when you get home, as @scottish-guy recommends.

It will be the third-world that will be massively impacted if we lose just one more antibiotic in the fight against disease. The wealthy will be able to afford hospital admission to be drip-feed massive doses, which isn't pleasant and can have permanent side-effects, or available themselves of new and undoubtedly incredibly expensive drugs, if and when they come online.

You'd think I was demanding that people stop having sex. I'm not. Just don't misuse - and it is misuse - antibiotics as prophylactics because it's more convenient for you, and please don't promote and gloat about doing it, because a lot of people are going to die from such selfish behaviour.

Liked

....at no point did I state that @scottish-guy had HIV...
    Just for clarity, to avoid the re-writing of history, and to illustrate how something can be clearly implied and later denied:

....it's probably @scottish-guy's "thing", like being an HIV "giftgiver"...
    And for the avoidance of doubt - Tobi has never met or corresponded with me, doesn't know me - and wouldn't have the least idea if I had a pimple on my nose apart from anything else

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Just for clarity, to avoid the re-writing of history, and to illustrate how something can be clearly implied and later denied:
    I didn't write "it's probably @scottish-guy's "thing", as well as him being an HIV "giftgiver" did I? However, in my book and what I what I wanted to make clear, is that I honestly believe what you're doing is actually worse than HIV giftgiving, because partners can choose to protect themselves against that. I don't imagine you declare your use of prophylactic antibiotics to your those servicing you with a blowjob, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    And for the avoidance of doubt - Tobi has never met or corresponded with me, doesn't know me - and wouldn't have the least idea if I had a pimple on my nose apart from anything else
    I wouldn't want to meet or correspond with you. However, I will ask you, yet again.

Why won't you wait until you've caught something before taking antibiotics?