List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive country to fall in love in?

Liked

Most expensive country to fall in love in?

My vote goes to Thailand! :king:

Geez, and to think, I used to bitch that living in downtown Vancouver, Canada was too expensive. :drunken:

Re: Most expensive country to fall in love in?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    My vote goes to Thailand!
    On what grounds?

You have said that your only "fall in love" experience has been with a Hungarian illegal immigrant in Canada (which you are still whingeing about the possible future financial consequences of, although so far there have been none) and that all your "relationships" here (in Thailand) have been strictly commercial, so you certainly have no such personal experience.

As far as I can recall none of those posting here who now have, or believe they have had, genuine "fall in love" relationships with Thais, as distinct from commercial ones, such as Smiles, Dodger, Fattman and myself (and many others) have ever considered the financial cost a factor - in fact the financial costs in those cases have been consistently been reported as inconsequential.

There can be only two objective factors for the "most expensive country to fall in love in": the dowry, or the equivalent, and the cost of living.

The "dowry" in Thailand varies from nothing in my own case (my partner is an orphan) to 100 million baht for six months with Tata Young. It is unlikely to be a major factor in most Farang/Thai relationships.

The cost of living in Thailand, or anywhere else, is as long or as short as a piece of string. Indices vary, but none rate Thailand anywhere near the top.

cdnmatt, if what you say is true and you are an affluent, presentable 27 year old you should be able to offer an unusual personal perspective to this board. That seems unlikely.

Only someone who hasn't been around much would say that Thailand is expensive, let alone most expensive. For $1,000/month -- less than minimum wage in many places -- you can "own" just about any Thai boy you want. One of the greatest bargains anywhere.

Liked

Geez Gone Fishing, do you take everything so seriously? I was just kidding around. Hell, I'm in Thailand, cheap living, great weather & people, laid back life (excluding work), great food, a couple tropical islands in my backyard, tons of excellent places to visit within a 2 hour plane flight, etc. What the hell do I have to complain about? I could just as easily be sitting in a cubicle in Toronto right now, busting my ass in hopes of making my boss happy.

And you know me from maybe 15 posts on some gay Thailand message board, and you're actually going to pass judgement on me regarding what I know about life & love? Come on, you only live once, quit being so cynical. Don't worry, I'm not new to life, and I've been through my fair share too, just as I'm sure you have.

And $1000/month? I wish... times that number by 3, and we're getting closer. And I haven't even bought a water buffalo yet! Fuck... I think I might be in trouble. :drunken:

I don't care though. I'm happier than I have been since the beginning of 2005, he's definitely happy to have me in life, so it's all good. As it goes in Thailand, take 'er by the day, enjoy the moment, and don't worry too much about the future. And for the cynics, I bet he has more genuine feelings towards me than you'd think. I mean, I've even caught him hiding tears from me, because he thought I was flirting with other guys, when I was just being friendly. That, and tons of other things, and there's no way 100% of that is a show.

An for unique perspective as a 27yo, fucked if I know. I guess the major advantage is probably that I actually still enjoy, for example, going out and drinking whiskey until 6am, whereas I'm assuming many of you don't. So we get to enjoy things that we both like together a bit more, I'm guessing.

As for "presentable", I'm not really sure anymore. I'm definitely not getting the same feedback as I was a couple years ago, that's for sure. Actually, everyone who remembers me is telling me how fat I got. I know I've gained some weight in the past couple years, but really, I'm still constantly hiking up my 32" waist jeans so they don't fall off me, so I couldn't be that fat. I wouldn't mind losing a quick 10 - 15lbs though, and getting myself back into 30" jeans.

And for those who say they only see us as ATMs, honestly, that's our own fault. When I'm sitting in their squalid little apartment, drinking whiskey until 7am, all I see are signs of desperation, with a strong feeling of obligation to help support their family. I don't see any greed or deviousness there at all. Do you really think these boys show up in Pattaya, hoping to fuck five different people a week, and have some pervert see how far they can get a frozen banana up their ass? I mean, really... treat them with the dignity, respect, and love that they deserve, and there's a good chance it'll get returned.

Wow, long post! Can you tell I've been drinking? :P

You're paying your boy $3,000 a month???

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    I don't pay HIM $3,000/month, no, but everything included, I'd say it's around there. He makes about 25,000 THB off me a month, or thereabouts I'd say. But then add in riding elephants, going to the island, buying clothes, eating, drinking, etc... yeah, I'd say around 90,000 THB a month. Well, that's probably exaggerating. Say 70,000.

So, where else can you get a quality boy to be your pretend boyfriend for less than a thousand bucks a month.

As for the other expenses, well yeah -- you know what it costs to spend a weekend at Disneyland these days?

Gone Fisting, I didn't realise that a dowry was required for a male hooker with a drug problem that is kept in an outhouse with the dogs.

I don't pay HIM $3,000/month, no, but everything included, I'd say it's around there. He makes about 25,000 THB off me a month, or thereabouts I'd say. But then add in riding elephants, going to the island, buying clothes, eating, drinking, etc... yeah, I'd say around 90,000 THB a month. Well, that's probably exaggerating. Say 70,000.
    Another nutter

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by andyinoz
    Another nutter
    Another cynic. :P

Haven't you ever watched the movie Pretty Woman? lol