Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild West Boys

Wild West Boys

I have heard (on the grapevine) that as of next Month, Wild West Boys will either return to being a Girlie Bar, or will close completely, lots of rumours about borrowed funny money, not that it's a great loss, couldn't stand the pushy Mamasan, Waiters were lazy and rude, and the Show was very strange, always preferred The Copa around the corner, nice Bar, friendly helpful Staff, and a very enjoyable show.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Wild West Boys

Wild West Boys was a great go go boy bar and while it had its problems, it was easily one
    of the best in the Boyztown area (Pattayaland soi 2)..
    I do agree with the pushy mamasans
    being a real nuisance and one especially to be avoided like a plague.. It has been a few months
    since my last visit and it would indeed be sad, if it folds.

By the way,the first Wild West Boyz was a much smaller bar on the same soi and was converted to
    a girlie bar, when WWB moved to the much larger current location..
    There were some great boy shows over the years and some of the most stunning, hottest boys
    I have ever seen..
    I did note a change earlier this year and many of the boys were more fem and
    far fewer handsome boy next village types.. The shows had gotten very tepid and flat and I found
    one the new boy stars (with a letter instead of a number) to be such a shrill screaming nancyboy that it
    ruined the show.. Perhaps the hideous mamasans took over, but still a shame if the rumour which the author of
    this thread reported on turns out to be a fact..
    I am glad to hear positive news about Copa and it one of the other great go go/show bars in the area..
    :cat:

Liked

I, for one, will shed no tears for a place that encouraged large parties of straights to come in and often be rude - or just to stare disapprovingly - at the gay customers.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius
    I, for one, will shed no tears for a place that encouraged large parties of straights to come in and often be rude - or just to stare disapprovingly - at the gay customers.

Are we not giving a great deal more credence to an unsubstantiated rumour monger than might be justified.

When "information" (especially when it hints at illegal activities) about a local business is provided by a newbie with fewer than, say, 20 posts , it really ought to be treated as suspect and probably designed to further an agenda other than the dissemination of the truth.

The reference to the тАЬgrapevine,тАЭ had it been made by a well known poster would have raised some doubts, but in this case it seems to be begging for suspicion.

While I agree that one of the mamasans is a little over-bearing, s/he тАШs not all that bad. She has deposited herself next to me on a few occasions when I wished she hadnтАЩt, but I just talked to her, thanked her for her suggestions and otherwise ignored her. Hardly something that would make me wish the business collapsed.

The presence (and the attention they seem to receive) of straight gawkers and giggling girls is as likely in Boyztown as it is in WWB тАж one of several reasons why I prefer Sunee and Krazy Dragon to anything in the Pattayaland sois. In fact the problem seemed to be confined to Boyztown until fairly recently. The somewhat dubious reputation that Sunee now has probably offers us some protection from the day-trippers, sex-starved Korean girls & Japanese housewives, and the newbie sex tourists тАж every cloud has its silver lining.

I avoid all shows and would likely find those in WWB nearly as insomnia curing as that in Copa or any of the extravaganzas featuring a certain aging farang decked out in a creation by Omar the Tentmaker with enough reflecting sequins to induce epilepsy in anyone.

BUT I have offтАЩd several very nice boys from Wild West and if in the unlikely event I were of a mind to visit a bar in that vicinity, it would probably be WWB, Cupidol or similar long before I ventured into the Gay Gulag of Boyztown. The only reason I ever would venture in a gogo bar is to find a boy. The mamasans, shows, drink tabs, sound system, whatever donтАЩt matter all that much. 5 sexy boys in a hole-in-the-wall operation still trumps 50 costumed zombies lip-syncing some show tunes.

I still think itтАЩs unfair for those with a personal grudge to smear a local gay business with unsubstantiated rumours that could potentially cause that business to lose customers. Enough people are being hurt by the drop in visitors to Pattaya without fabricating reasons to avoid this place or that place.

Liked

OH OH I am all exited :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: rumors or not I would like another 10 boys taking me to my 60 goal :cheers: :cheers: and we only have 18 dancing tables they will all have to sit on the customers knees. :scratch:
    But then I will have to keep my promise and let all you randy old customers have a free off on the boys one night. ale:
    THEN I will push for the next goal 100 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
    Mark.
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    OH OH I am all exited :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: rumors or not I would like another 10 boys taking me to my 60 goal :cheers: :cheers: and we only have 18 dancing tables they will all have to sit on the customers knees. :scratch:
    But then I will have to keep my promise and let all you randy old customers have a free off on the boys one night. ale:
    THEN I will push for the next goal 100 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
    Mark.

In all seriousness, bigger is not necessarily better. The ambiance at KD and the interaction between customers and boys is based on the boys' collective personality, which apparently they pass on to most of the new guys, but I think that would be lost if you got too big. Two bars with 50 each might work, but I think one bar with more than 50 boys will change what makes KD unique and enjoyable.

Liked

I can confirm that WWBs is on the market ....
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    I can confirm that WWBs is on the market ....

Sad that a place like that couldn't make it. I hope it doesn't become another girlie bar and that it doesn't mark the start of more closings over on that side of Pattaya Second Rd.

Rumors re WWB are unfounded, according to Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by avidflying
    Rumors re WWB are unfounded, according to Steve.
    But...but...Patexpat confirmed it!