Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barber in Pattaya

Liked

Barber in Pattaya

I recall some years ago posters saying there was a good young barber in Pattaya who was very reasonably priced. Is he still in business and where is he located? I think his name was Odd or something similar. thanks

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Re: Barber in Pattaya

Odd has unfortunately closed down, but there are still quite a few decent barbers within the area.

Liked

Odds barber shop used to be located opposite Little Mango Restaurant on Soi VC
    It is now closed and i believe its now a laundry shop?
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    I recall some years ago posters saying there was a good young barber in Pattaya who was very reasonably priced. Is he still in business and where is he located? I think his name was Odd or something similar. thanks
    Odd and some of the barber's that worked in his shop, moved on to Jaeb Barber shop on the next soi. Odd is one of about four or five barbers that work in the shop. Last time I was in, I had a very nice haircut for 60 baht.

Liked

what a timely post. I have been walking the past 3 nights looking for that barbershop and have gotten lost each night in hot humid weather.
    Could someone be kind enough to give me directions how to walk there from some well known point? Thanks

If walking away from the beach right after you reach the former Odd's you reach the end of Soi VC, make a left and in a few feet you come to a soi whuch some call Soi 16 and some call Soi 17 (the name may actually change at that very point).

Make a left and a quick then a right at the pharmacy. That soi has a least 3 barbers. One of them might be Jeab's, not sure. All those shops are 60 baht.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrro
    If walking away from the beach right after you reach the former Odd's you reach the end of Soi VC, make a left and in a few feet you come to a soi whuch some call Soi 16 and some call Soi 17 (the name may actually change at that very point).

Make a left and a quick then a right at the pharmacy. That soi has a least 3 barbers. One of them might be Jeab's, not sure. All those shops are 60 baht.
    Jaeb (maybe Jeab's?) is located close to Odd's old barber shop but on Soi 16? (some call soi 17). Take the above directions and turn right instead of left. On the corner of this intersection is a small electronic repair shop and next to that is a good sized internet shop. Directly across the street from the internet shop, you will find Jaeb's. Odd is not always present, but the other barbers are competent, as well.

As well, Soi Buakhao within walking distance of the R-Con, they have the best hot shave I've ever gotten in my life. I could go in there get a shave once a week and not have stubble till I returned again. These guys really do take pride in their work, and are quite skilled. 70/70 for a haircut and shave were the last rates I had seen. Much cheaper then buying disposable razors every week for me.

Liked

[quote="up2me?"
    . Odd is not always present, but the other barbers are competent, as well.[/quote]

By chance I did walk by Jaebs and did go in but busy and most of the barbers seemed to be ladies. It seemed they did good work on the Thai customers. So walked on to an empty shop and asked for a 2 1/2 buzz. The barber misunderstood and gave me a 1/2 buzz. Call me baldy!

Liked

There was a small Hair Salon right next to Howards Guest house......and i got my hair cut there very reasonable...and they did a very good job.........I was happy

And one of the little cuties who worked there.....i met at Howards....he had been begging me to take him to my room...and so i finally gave in and it was free he asked for no money.... but i gave him a few hundred Baht anyways..and he was happy..!!