Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: public holiday

Liked

public holiday

I read that July 7 and 8 are holidays in LOS. Will the bars be closed, especially as they are banning alcohol?

Re: public holiday

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    I read that July 7 and 8 are holidays in LOS.
    My calendar has the 7th (full moon #8 for '09) as "Asana Bucha Day" and 8th as "Khao Pansa (begin Buddhist Lent)". I'd suppose there will be some limits on alchohol consumption on one or both of those days. Of course no one is ever really sure until the day of/day before and it can always help to go out anyway and look around (you never know! :colors: ).

Nowadays Thailand is becoming increasingly like the west. Good Buddhists never engage in intoxicants, of course. However, the rest seem to need to be told when it is OK to drink (any other day than on an important Buddhist holiday or an election day, that is).

Re: public holiday

Most bars close only the one day (7th), but some like Krazy dragon close for both.

Not sure when the new law comes into effect.

This is where bars websites could be better - with news sections for stuff like this.