Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Muang Airport to Pattaya

Don Muang Airport to Pattaya

I will be flying into the old airport and need a car to pattaya. I've used Image Limos before and always found them excellent but it these recession times even bht 2700 that they quote me is high. Can i just pick up a meter taxi outside and what would/should i pay?

Thanks

Qwerty!

Liked

Re: Don Muang Airport to Pattaya

Mo Chit bus station is close. A taxi should be less than 100B in moderate traffic, making the total around 200B all the way to Pattaya. Even with luggage I would, get a taxi from the street near the bus stop, ground level, walk to the far end (north) and then cut across the parking lot to the street. Taxis linger at the bus stop. No airport surcharge. Buses leave for Pattaya every 30 min up to about 2300 hrs.

There are buses that go to Mo Chit from Don Muang, air 28,138,157,170,512,or 536 according to my Bangkok bus map. Fare I am guessing about 10B.
    E Dok Tong

4 of us hailed one in the street on a very rainy day (10th may) opposite the old airport and accepted the 800 fare as we were drenched/tired and just wanted to get back to pattaya with no further hassle. probably would have taken a lot longer and been more expensive if we went the bus route.

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Even with luggage I would, get a taxi from the street near the bus stop, ground level, walk to the far end (north) and then cut across the parking lot to the street. Taxis linger at the bus stop. No airport surcharge.
    You would drag your luggage halfway to Kingdom Come in order to save 50 baht? Amazing.

2700Baht to Pattaya is insane. Are they flying you there or something lol? Don Muang to Patts, shouldn't cost you a dime over 1500 from any taxi standing outside.

Can be done for less of course with transport companies. Especially if you know the right people. :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DreamTransport
    2700Baht to Pattaya is insane. Are they flying you there or something lol? Don Muang to Patts, shouldn't cost you a dime over 1500 from any taxi standing outside.

Can be done for less of course with transport companies. Especially if you know the right people. :idea:
    Amazing for a newbie in the business - firstly knock the competition by saying their rates are insane.
    Mr DT has a long way to go to learn about the transport business in Thailand. Image Limo is nearly 10 years old, and with thousands of very happy and regular customers, would never go and rubbish the competition.
    At that level, there is very little anyway.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jomtiengayguide
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DreamTransport

Amazing for a newbie in the business - firstly knock the competition by saying their rates are insane.
    Mr DT has a long way to go to learn about the transport business in Thailand. Image Limo is nearly 10 years old, and with thousands of very happy and regular customers, would never go and rubbish the competition.
    At that level, there is very little anyway.
    Competition is good for the consumers. I am beginning to warm up to Mr. Dream.
    E Dok Tong

Tronpaiexpat - you're missing the point.
    There is nothing wrong with competition at all - as you rightly say it is good for consumers.
    If you believe in your product and its quality, it is unnecessary to rubbish the competition.

Liked

[youtube:3js1vyb7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMo6o0BtFG8[/youtube:3js1vyb7]
    E Dok Tong

I think that what Mr.DreamTransport meant was that it is insane for anyone for whom money is an issue to pay 2700 baht for a ride to Pattaya. I agree. For some, bus service works perfectly well. I stake the middle ground.