Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member saying Hello.

New member saying Hello.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and take a minute to tell all you guys a few things about myself. My name is Jason aka Mr.Dream, I live and work in Thailand. I transit back and forth before Pattaya and BKK, and have been living here for about a year now.

While I am straight, I do appreciate everyone's right to be happy, and am glad to see that there are open sites such as this one for everyone to be able to freely discuss what they choose to, without abuse or persecution by anyone. My business does cater to everyone coming to LOS, so I have joined in an effort to take some of the knowledge that you all might have, while contributing some of my own, to help make people enjoy their time better while in Thailand. In no way, do I wish for anyone to think that I am spamming the forum, I am really interested in being able to help cater to my existing customers by learning a little bit more about a side of Thailand, I have not been fortunate to see all that much of.

I have learned quite a few nifty little tricks, and avenues to pursue when it comes to anything to do with living here, and am happy to share all that information with anyone who is interested.

Hopefully I will be welcome on this board, and I am 100% into everyones right of discretion, and ensure you I will not do anything while here to violate anyone's trust.

Thanks in advance to everyone, and feel free to fire away with any questions you might have for me.

Re: New member saying Hello.

Welcome aboard.

Liked

i think most of the abuse has "died out" or is dying out
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy
    i think most of the abuse has "died out" or is dying out
    It is better then one year ago, but it still has some abuse. Welcome to the board. I, for one, am glad to see a new member with an unique perspective willing to offer his help and advice. I hope your you become a regular contributor and I am looking forward to corresponing with you.

elephantspike

Jason,

Feel free to add links to your signature. You can discuss your buisiness by name in forum posts if you wish, and there are paid advertising spots available for purchase on the main forum page.

Thanks

Thanks to all you guys for the welcome. And thank you for permission to link my company Elephant, it is much appreciated. :salute:

Liked

Hi Jason,

I read your well written intro and welcome.
    What is your business about there in BKK? How have you found BKK so far?
    We're thinking of winters in BKK, Hua Hin or Pattaya although no decision has been made. We currently live in Vancouver. My partner is Thai with a Masters in economics from Boston, and speaks fluent English. He and I have great family support in BKK, but from your perspective give me your impressions and thoughts to date.

Thanks and again welcome.

Hi Ron. Where I live in Bangkok, is a bit away from all of the action. I lived in Pattaya for almost 8 months prior to coming over here. I think for those of us living here, Pattaya, Nana Plaza, Patpong and some of the other party areas are great to visit, but hard to have a normal life there. Some people can do it, I just prefer the quiet when not working.

Hua Hin is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Thailand, and priced accordingly, never been but have customers heading there from both Pattaya and BKK all the time. Everyone I know who has been enjoyed it.

Jomtien, on the outskirts of Pattaya is a much more relaxed place then Pattaya itself, the beaches are a bit nicer as well. I would recommend there over BKK, or Pattaya, not only due to the cost of living, but you are close enough to the action to party when you want to, but far enough away, to where you can enjoy those quiet nights or just relaxing.

Thailand is pretty much like anywhere else in the world. Even though its a much more open-minded place than most others, you will still have the homophobes and the people that are going to give you funny looks or make comments amongst themselves.

Most people here are in the same mindset at I am though, you are here to enjoy yourself. To do what you want, without having some asshole making you feel uncomfortable. I was at the airport the other day, and seen a gay couple re-united after one of them was away, one Thai and one falang, no different in my eyes then when I came back and had my missus waiting for me in the same exact place as these guys met up.

There are cliques, and areas where people don't care about anything other than having fun or making money, thats pretty much the general mindset no matter where you go. You guys will feel welcomed here no doubt, and find any area you head to most inviting.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DreamTransport
    " ... Hua Hin is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Thailand, and priced accordingly, never been but have customers heading there from both Pattaya and BKK all the time. Everyone I know who has been enjoyed it ... "
    I assume you mean "higher prices than elsewhere" in Hua Hin. Living there, I can tell you that that is quite a wrong generalization.

In Hua Hin you can easily get the whole range of pricing in regards to every bite you take, every object you buy, or every service you partake of.
    If you choose to stay at the Hilton or the Marriot or the Sofitel (in HH or anywhere in Thailand) you'll pay through the nose. But traveling through Hua Hin in any fashion other than that, you'll find very inexpensive digs and eats everywhere, if you bother to search them out. And it's hardly rocket science to do that.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.DreamTransport
    Hua Hin is supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in Thailand
    I've never heard that, and it is patently untrue. From what I can tell, its main attraction is that it is driving distance from Bangkok. The scenery pales in comparison to the beaches of Southern Thailand.