Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Jomtien side or Pattaya side

Liked

Jomtien side or Pattaya side

What are the pros and or cons of having a condo facing towrds Jomtien or towards Pattaya......?? Or in pratumnak area low rise....?? Just doing a bit of research apprecite any info.....!!

Re: Jomtien side or Pattaya side

Pratumnak area is my choice. It is about 1/2 way between Pattaya and Jomtien, quiet, and an easy trip to either. You can get into either by baht bus, motor bike, or car in less than five minutes. Prices are comparable if you buy or rent....maybe a bit higher.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak
    What are the pros and or cons of having a condo facing towrds Jomtien or towards Pattaya......?? Or in pratumnak area low rise....?? Just doing a bit of research apprecite any info.....!!
    Condos facing Jomtien (south) get more of the hot summer sun, so condos facing Pattaya (north) tend to be cooler. Or, at least that's what was explained to me by realtors when I did my condo search.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Yes, Pratumnak is halfway between Pattaya and Jomtien, but the level of convenience depends on exactly where the condo is, whether or not you own a car or bike, whether or not you are are willing to ride a bike taxi, etc.

I looked long and hard at that area, but in the end I got a place on Jomtien Beach.

It's not clear if you intend to rent or to buy. If you're planning to purchase, I recommend renting first.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't think having a condo in North Pattaya or Jomtien makes much of a difference with the sunlight; for the sun rises from the East and sets in the West, no matter where the building sits; however, what side of the building your condo is located would make a difference with the heat...if it faces the East, it would not be baked as much as if it was facing the West and getting the afternoon heat. If you are North, South, East, or West also makes a differnce of the view you would have (if you are high enough). People tend to want the "South" view of the bay and not the "North" view of the bay.
    (Mine faces the sea, West, so I get a lot of heat build up by 5pm...just close the curtains.)
    I am renting a condo at Wongamat Beach area, south Naklua and it is very quiet but also away from things. If I was buying a place, I'd choose Jomtien because it is closer to the gay beach, restaurants and bars...and there are more gays that live in that area. Also, Jomtien is not as congested and packed with farangs like downtown Pattaya.

Choosing a condo to live in depends on many things (besides what you can afford). If you have a car or depend on a "baht bus"; if you want to be near night life or away from it; the type of people that are renting in the complex (you don't want weekly vacationers next door or loud Russians); if the place is maintained or will be in the future; if your view could be blocked someday due to another high rise being built next door (never believe the locals when they say "NO" about the empty lot never being built on)...the list goes on and on.

NOTE: I am waiting for the prices on these new condos to plumment since there is an economic/tourist turn-down and the Pattaya-Jomtien-Naklua areas are over built with new condo complexes.

Liked

I think it depends how your condo is situated.If you look at a map youll see that the shoreline doesnt go in a straight north to south line.It sort of jets out at royal gardens area and changes your view of the sunset. I chose the Pattaya side of view taley 5 as I wanted to see the sunset.You would miss it on the Jomptien side. However the realtors advertise at fair properties that the Pattaya side is cooler as the sun sets on that side ,and you avoid the morning and noon heat. But ive seen other realtors advertise that the jomptien side is cooler. I take anything a realtor says with a grain of salt anyway. I cant say either way as I have only spent one night in my studio so far. And how low do you think a studio going for 3 million baht will drop if prices do drop?I agree the whole area is over built.