Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are gogo boys overpaid?

Liked

Are gogo boys overpaid?

The point people on this forum make about 5000 baht being a monthly salary for unskilled workers is one often overlooked - these gogo boys are HUGELY overpaid by local standards. If 1000~1500 baht is considered standard for 2 hours short time, that equates to around $20~$30 an hour. How much does a policeman or nurse earn per hour in LOS?? These guys are among the highest paid in Thailand, especially for their age and they would have to be classed as "unskilled" I would think. Imagine being able to earn someone's MONTHLY salary in around 5 HOURS or even less!!! And then some of these guys have the cheek to say they have no money or to demand extra money for food or the taxi ride home. And I doubt they would go by taxi anyway - tuk-tuk, more likely.
    Sure, their job is unpleasant a lot of the time - I certainly would not like to do it. But compare that with some poor guy working on the roads in 40 degree heat. I would prefer to work in air-conditioned comfort and would even take it up the arse for that amount of money! Beats manual labour any time. Of course, most boys would not be offed every night, but at that pay rate you would not need to be - I'm sure you could survive very well, considering a meal on the street can be had for 30 or 40 baht. One guy told me he earned 170 baht per night, plus tips. When he came to my room he showed me the night's takings - 520 baht from tips alone. That's at least 17 meals for one night's work in a bar BEFORE even being offed.
    BTW, I'm not complaining about the fee; if I were, I would not visit Thailand. I'm simply making an observation.

Liked

Re: Are gogo boys overpaid?

NO SKILL?

Are you kidding me! I guess you've been unlucky in your choice of boys.

Or should I just say you're an unskilled chooser.
    :tongue:

They probably are overpaid, in relative terms, but its a better job than a construction worker, one can't blame them for making hay while the sun shines.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

how much do you figure you could command for an hour of sex, a447?

Liked

I donтАЩt know how much the average boy in the krazy makes per month but you can start with at least 300/500 per night in tips just walking the tables.
    I have one observation the more the boy earns the more the family and friends seem to have there hands out.

ale:
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

in every society there a jobs that are unequal in pay. sports figures, movie stars, etc. in my opinion these boys earn the cash they get and put up with a lot of crap to get it. over paid? i dont think so.

Liked

vnman - i guess "unskilled" is a relative term. The sex act is not that difficult to get right! I've had some fantastic experiences; no complaints from me.
    alf - fucking and sucking cock and winning Wimbledon or driving a Formula 1 car are hardly comparable.
    dab69 - if the truth be known, I doubt if anyone would take up the offer. But if they did, I don't think I could command the equivalent of 2 weeks labourer's wages for a couple of hours work. Mind you, I'd try. But that is just the point I'm making; If someone offered me that amount of money, I would consider myself highly overpaid.

Supply and demand determine what's "fair", whether it be for a factory worker or a big movie star, or your or me. That's pretty much the bottom line, isn't it?

Liked

The sex act is not that difficult to get right!
    Point is that many aren't looking for sex alone. I like it when the boy gives me the feeling he's in love with me. I like it when he can't stop kissing and likes nothing better than me having sex with him. Now, I'm not that old or ugly, but I'm sure there's a lot of acting involved.

Supply and demand determine what's "fair", whether it be for a factory worker or a big movie star, or your or me. That's pretty much the bottom line, isn't it?
    Must agree with bunny on this.

It's all irrelevent as the client will more or less pay whatever the going rate demands especially if he is hooked on the looks etc of the boy/girl........Rates in places like London are around ┬г120 per hour to ┬г600 tax free for an all night stay. Who can earn that kind of money at 18 - 21 years old?.........................

:cheers: