Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brits and pattaya

brits and pattaya

With the Brits getting less than 49bht to the ┬г as of todays trading rates, will more of them decide to stay away from thailand

Liked

Re: brits and pattaya

Its been hovering somewhere between 49 and 51 for a while now. I'm planning (well ahead - its all part of the fun) for my annual visit to LOS in November. As it happens, I probably won't have any time to fit in Pattaya this time but as far as the exchange rate goes, my break point is Bht 30 = ┬г1. Below that, and I don't go. Similarly, if we go under $1 = ┬г1 then plans to visit Laos are off.

Quote Originally Posted by aot87
    With the Brits getting less than 49bht to the ┬г as of todays trading rates, will more of them decide to stay away from thailand
    The contrary may be true. Thailand makes your pound go farther. In recent years I've been finding myself more often in other destinations but none render the value for money of Thailand. It's not the baht that is the problem; it's the pound and that's the case wherever you go.

Unless there is a drastic in UK's economic, specifically debt policies, then I don't see the pound getting any stronger. It baffles me that the US is in a worse position that the UK, yet the dollar has rallied against the UK pound - until the dollar weakens against sterling then we have to put up with a weak pound to the bht.

The majority of Asia is also in a bad state with regard to the recession, so why are they pounding at the UK pound.

Food for thought though, some of the Eastern European countries are having major financial problems and their currencies have been going "ape" recently, places like Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland are the main ones.

The Phillipines seem to be getting a good raport on here also - its probably cheap alternative, as is Bali.

The pound "has had it" certainly until interest rates in the UK go up.

it may be bad news for the brits but the americans keep seeing steady gains in the exchange rate. maybe well have less brits in thailand and more americans!

Unless there is a drastic in UK's economic, specifically debt policies, then I don't see the pound getting any stronger. It baffles me that the US is in a worse position that the UK, yet the dollar has rallied against the UK pound - until the dollar weakens against sterling then we have to put up with a weak pound to the bht.

The majority of Asia is also in a bad state with regard to the recession, so why are they pounding at the UK pound.

Food for thought though, some of the Eastern European countries are having major financial problems and their currencies have been going "ape" recently, places like Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland are the main ones.

The Phillipines seem to be getting a good raport on here also - its probably cheap alternative, as is Bali.

The pound "has had it" certainly until interest rates in the UK go up.
    You know, Whitedesire, you really must get out of this habit of thinking that exchange rates are somehow related to underlying economics. Such a relationship would be very bad for currency traders.

BTW your first sentence needs "change".

Just look how strong the Japanese yen is now, if you don't believe it. Their economy is in the shitter, yet their currency is way strong.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Bunny
    Just look how strong the Japanese yen is now, if you don't believe it. Their economy is in the shitter, yet their currency is way strong.
    Indeed running better than the dollar here by a about a point,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    You know, Whitedesire, you really must get out of this habit of thinking that exchange rates are somehow related to underlying economics. Such a relationship would be very bad for currency traders.

Dunno how you work that one out! Interest rates, debt, currencies, GDP, it's all "economics". Or did we go to the wrong school!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    Quote Originally Posted by 555

Dunno how you work that one out! Interest rates, debt, currencies, GDP, it's all "economics". Or did we go to the wrong school!
    I expect you did.