Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Thailand

Liked

Moving to Thailand

Hi All

While we are in this Pre-Boom lull, (much better than recession) I have decided to up sticks and move to Thailand for while. So from about April 10th onwards I will be available for evening drinks. Ok O'booze morning for you!

Can anyone suggest an Appartment for a long term rental, I normally stay at Chateau Dale, but do not want to limit myself to just there I suppose budget would be around the 40,000 to 50,000 bhat per month. I will be doing a bit a travelling but want a base in Pattaya, some where near the beach and reasonably nice.

Looking forward to meeting some of you over the next while

Kevin

Re: Moving to Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Irish1972
    Can anyone suggest an Appartment for a long term rental ...... budget would be around the 40,000 to 50,000 bhat per month.
    At that rate, long term, you will be spoilt for choice. Stay in a hotel first, then take a few days to look around once you are here.

Liked

Hi All

While we are in this Pre-Boom lull, (much better than recession) I have decided to up sticks and move to Thailand for while. So from about April 10th onwards I will be available for evening drinks. Ok O'booze morning for you!

Can anyone suggest an Appartment for a long term rental, I normally stay at Chateau Dale, but do not want to limit myself to just there I suppose budget would be around the 40,000 to 50,000 bhat per month. I will be doing a bit a travelling but want a base in Pattaya, some where near the beach and reasonably nice.

Kevin
    Long term you can do better than half that, and somewhere to leave your bags when travelling at little cost is important

If you are looking for drinking partners rather than handsome thai boys, try the corner bar in Sunee after 8

All the big names of all the Thai forums hand out there , or at least their tummy does. hehehe
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Espa??a some times - Pattaya rest of the time.
    Liked: 1

From one Irishman to another try http://www.mosaikpattaya.com/
    They do good rates for long time stays
    Its nice and clean, well run and centre of all the action.

Liked

Im a little confused but that is normal for me. Is your total budget between 40 & 50,000B or is that what you are allowing just for rent.

BTW Wombat, I am thinner than you are , thank you

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked

how long are you planning to stay? i'm only slightly envious (a fellow irishman with 13 years before i find out how little of a pension pot i have left!)

best of luck with your move!
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

LV Apartment on 3rd road is only 5500B per month
    Air, cable, High speed internet, hot showers, working lifts... and great location...
    Rent there and spend the 30,000B saved o na boy a day instead!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I intend to rent my normal appartment for a month or so while looking for something else.

The budget was for rent, don't know yet how long to stay, maybe 12 to 18 months, we will see how it goes could be home by the summer if I get bored. I have a BF here and he is coming with me so won't need the 30k for boys..well not all of it any how :bounce:

We spoke about doing this late last year and when he got let go in January it kind of spurred us on, my work has basically halted with no sign of improvement this year or next. So I figure I can actually save money by renting out the house here sorting out another few bits and pieces and move to Thailand. Maybe it is dream world I am living in but it will certainly be no more expensive than Ireland, so what the hell.

With the amount of people that have said they are coming to visit, I reckon I will need to rent a Guesthouse just for the visitors, even if only 20% of them actually make it!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I intend to rent my normal appartment for a month or so while looking for something else.

The budget was for rent, don't know yet how long to stay, maybe 12 to 18 months, we will see how it goes could be home by the summer if I get bored. I have a BF here and he is coming with me so won't need the 30k for boys..well not all of it any how
    ''

I do not understand...if you have a BF in Ireland and you want to come to Thailand, then why come to Pattaya? Pattaya is for the retired chubby fellow who has to pay for a skinny young Sunee boy. The sea is dirty and the beaches are not that scenic...the gay areas are all spread apart... If you have a BF, then I would go to Phuket where the beaches are a lot cleaner, and there is still a fun gay life there. Wake up! (Yes, I live in the Pattaya area, but my work is here. I certainly wouldn't choose Pattaya as my "gay adventure playland".

Liked

Nothing against Phuket - it is lovely and certainly worth visiting. But, I wouldn't discourage you from making Pattaya your base. There is a vibrant and easy to meet farang community here, yet not so many that you feel you aren't in Thailand (as I felt in Phuket and Samui). I don't think I agree with the notion that the bars are spread out. We have three active areas (Pattayaland, Sunee, and jomtien complex) each with an abundance of bars, restaurants, street scenes, etc. to keep you busy for months or years. But, if you have been staying in Chateau Dale, you know about all that.

At the budget you've established for lodging, I can't imagine there is any place in Pattaya that would be beyond your readh. Depending on what you are looking for, check out Pratanak (spelling) area - it's quiet and separated from almost everything, but within a quick baht bus drive to either Jomtien, Sunee, or Pattaya. If it's action you want, there's always the Ambiance. You might also want to consider renting a house in a walled community. There are many close to the beach and commute to the night life. And don't forget Wong Amat. There are lots of new condominiums looking for long term rentals right on the beach although it is not that convenient getting around from there.

Anyway, you will have no trouble finding what you are looking for. Like everyone else, though, I'd suggest paring that rental down a bit. You won't need to spend that much for what you are looking for.