Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD heaven no more?

DVD heaven no more?

I have to say I rarely buy a DVD since most films are unadulterated crap, so I hadn't noticed that DVDs on Silom are less available until I read Stickman's comment (below). So when I went out to Soi 4 last night I did a little observation. Indeed, there do seem to be fewer vendors. If I noticed at all I had put it down to the lack of tourists and the economy generally. Here's Stickman's comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    I notice that dodgy DVDs weren't available for sale in Patpong this week and if reports are to be believed, their hiatus may become more permanent. The government is cracking down on intellectual piracy in a big way and their drive to stamp out this problem bears more than a passing resemblance to the Taksin government's crackdown on nightlife in 2001 and 2002. There has been a big increase in the number of cases filed with the copyright court in Bangkok although the government is encouraging those embroiled in such cases to settle out of court. A Bangkok friend, in fact the guy I have known longer than anyone else here, had an issue when he used a single photo from a website without permission and reproduced it in print. The copyright owner discovered this and threatened legal action before they settled on 25,000 baht out of court.

Liked

Re: DVD heaven no more?

Yes, I guess it was a few weeks ago I went looking for my DVD dealer. I went to the usual spot on Silom one of the larger dealers and no tables were set up. I recognized one lady sitting on the curb and asked what happen? "Police come, DVD move". She led me to a near-by cafe and at a table I could make my selections. Same prices.

This week, a few are back but with only a book of titles on an nearly empty table, no display. Pack up and run if necessary.

Same-same on Sukhumvit but make it over to the walk way from MRT to Central Lat Phrao and it's full frontal display.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Now it is Bittorrent heaven !

Isn't Hillary on her way to the area, China at least? When that's over the neatly placed layer of plastic wrapped Thailand T-shirts are removed revealing again what's underneath. :bounce:

Anyway what's wrong with a lot of repackaged old TV broadcasts\E. European concerts\VCR conversions of less than standard DVD quality all worth less than the going rate anyway? Good someone is archiving all this. "New DVDs" are trash. Anything I want isn't there anyway.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zyxel
    Now it is Bittorrent heaven !
    Once registered, Demonoid is better
    For those in the UK, I will be watching 24 episode 9 later tonight.
    E9 will be shown on Sky next monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jinks
    Demonoid is better
    I'm a BTJunkie (http://www.btjunkie.org). That and IsoHunt seem to have the most useful comments. I'll try Demonoid when I can get in.

I had given up on torrents here. I recently went through everything again. I can't seem to get anything better than 30 kbyte/s down and 12 kbyte/sec up. Not very efficient and average torrent downloads will take a very long time. Does anyone else in Thailand get much better?

Bit torrents? Where do I get?

By the way I thought Hovelturd was er had passed peacefully away into the good night? Or is this a post from xmas past?

Are those movies for free? How does it work Spikes?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Torrents work on a file share basis. Open the torrent in a file share up/down load software.

You then start receiving files and almost immediately start uploading to others.

When you have received 100% you can deal with the files.
    A good site like Demonoid.com or Torrentsforall.net will expect you to keep uploading after you have downloaded 100%.

If you keep taking without giving you will be cut off.
    Alternatively you can pay for an upload credit to stop this happening.

If they arrive in AVI format Windows Mediaplayer will play them.
    If they are VOB format they will have to be loaded on a DVD programme.
    Or use a media player that will cope with all formats.

If they are Zipped or RAR you have to uncompress them before playing.

To download I use "Bitlord 1.01"
    To uncompress I use "WINRAR 371"
    Video player all formats "video-0.9.6.win32"

Google should find them all.

Enjoy and SHARE
    I am currently watching "British Steam Railways - Disc 26" There are 50 in the set.

OK woosh ya. Right over my head.

Let start at the very beginning a very good place to start, where do I find a torrent....I got to the site you linked to, lots of interesting movies in differing categories, I hit download on a few of them and zip download stopped immediately. Do you need software? Or wot?

British steam railways 50 of them, gosh, how do they make that interesting? Im sure it is somehow, care to share? Do they stay in Britain or does India, Burma etc come into it?