Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gogo-bars in Sunee Plaza

Gogo-bars in Sunee Plaza

This is my first post in this forum and I just want to share my experiance from Pattaya

I have just ended my first visit in Thailand, and I am very amazed about the country! I planned to travel around for three weeks but stayed in Pattaya the whole time. I loved it (the boys) too much to leave.
    The first days I spend in Boystown but then I found Sunee Plaza which was, in my opinion better and more value for the money.
    The gogo-bars in Pattaya are amazing, but it took me a while to understand how everything works out. The mamasan in one of the bars sat down with me and explained everything about bar-fees for taking boys from the bar, about tip and everything that.

My comments about the bars:

Villa Roughe: Looks like all the boys are straight and are only there for the money. But the decoration was really nice! Also the costumes!

The bar opposite Villa Roughe: too many boys and no one seemed to be happy. Also the waiters was tired, and the bar was kind of dirty. The toilet smelled bad and it was water on the floor. I think they need a renovation inside.

Crazy Dragon: I did not go inside because the door men were to pushy and grabbed my arms and asked me for bying drinks. It pissed me off!

Nice Boys; Same pushy door-men, but the bar was ok. A lot of the guys smiled and seemed to have fun. But the waiter gave me wrong change (I payed with a 1000 bill but only got change from a 500-bill. It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath!

Cocktail Bar: The first time I was there only 8 boys were dancing. The next time I went there they had maybe 20 boys DANCING everywhere, on the floor, the sofas, the podium and just infront of the customers! Great party feeling but because I was the only customer inside I felt a little embarrased. Drinks were cheap! And many really good looking boys!

Look Bar: I just went inside, but the boys looked like they were about 15-16 years old, and for me that is too young.

Tom Yum. The staff were too pushy and the music booring. But many attractive boys inside! Also a great balcony from where you can see the whole street! Many of the boys were very nice so it was definately a good visit!

Legun: I liked the interior but it smelled really bad. The boys were just standing more than dancing and they seemed to be more interested in eachother than in the(few) customers there. Seemes like they moved all the good boys to Cocktail. Maybe it is the same owner?

Euroboys. This bar was 100% clean and new renovated. The funny manager asked me if I wanted an unberella because they had waterproblem from the roof. All the boys were really good dancers and played around among each other and with the customers inside! Also sitting outside and watch the three craczy dormen was fun!

Jimmy Jimmy James-Gogo: Deacent but NO customers inside the two times I was there. Many good looking boys

Happy Bar: This bar I liked. Interior as a craczy trance disco and the boys were fliring alot! This was the only bar with many customers inside! Strange becasue it is a little bit off from Sunee.

Reggys beer bar and rainbow beerbar was great places to start the evening and finnish it. Memory bar was looked from outside the times I passed it. Loked nice but there must have been some kind of privat partys there. Who want to sit like a monkey in a cage?
    Olso the restaurante next to Euroboys was a positive visit. Great place to eat and see all the boys on the street! Very cheap and good food too!

I will come back to Pattaya as soon as I can, Are there more gay areas to exolore except frp, Boystown and Sunee Plaza?
    Or will I find the same atmospehere if I go to Pukhet?

One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old! Where are the younger gay people when they travel to thailand?

Thailand, the land of smiles! I will definately come back soon again!!!

Joc

Liked

Re: Gogo-bars in Sunee Plaza

I'm so glad you loved Pattaya - good choice. To answer your question, yes there are gay areas other than the ones you mentioned. My personal preference is Jomtien Complex. It has become a combination of boy bars, girl bars, and a restaurant row of sorts. Oddly, there are no go go bars there (I think I've heard something about a "zoning" law prohibiting them - although some bars do have dancers who perform on demand), but the open air bars and boys are active and fun.

You also didn't mention Dongtan Beach. This is a major gay venue during the day and for those who are looking for them many available boys around. You will not be lonely there.

As to Phuket, many like it there. I do not. I was disappointed in the paucity of gay bars and got the feeling I was in a farang playground. I saw very few Thais in Patong who were not waiters or otherwise working in the tourist trade. But, that being said, it is a beautiful place and since the Tsunami everything seems new and sparkling. It is way overpopulated with young tourists, though, and primarily straight.

Come on back to Pattaya. There's a lot more here you have yet to discover.

Liked

Where exactly is this TOM YUM bar located? Thank you for your candid report. It was an excellent subjective set of impressions.
    Cunt Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Jocky
    But the waiter gave me wrong change (I payed with a 1000 bill but only got change from a 500-bill. It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath!
    It sounds like you discovered the most common scams too
    One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old! Where are the younger gay people when they travel to thailand?
    Bangkok

Liked

If you must use 1000 baht bills to pay for bills under 500, this usually avoids that common scam.
    Visibly hold up the bill. Say: Pan baht (in Thai) or even 1000 baht in English and make sure you have good eye contact with the waiter and he acknowledges you in some way. You will find they are much less likely to try that scam if you do that.
    Cunt Pride!

Great that you got the info about "gogo boys rules" from the mamasan. For more info see http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com/news/newcomer.html

Tom Yum is opposite Cocktail Boyz on the 2nd floor.

Mike

elephantspike

Welcome to the extreme (pushy) city.

Liked

The first days I spend in Boystown but then I found Sunee Plaza which was, in my opinion better and more value for the money.
    Yes it's easy to see why you found it so nice and better value, too! Thanks for your totally objective report with no ulterior motive or hidden agenda!

Villa Roughe: Looks like all the boys are straight and are only there for the money.
    The bar opposite Villa Roughe: ...no one seemed to be happy. Also the waiters was tired, and the bar was kind of dirty. The toilet smelled bad
    Crazy Dragon: It pissed me off!
    Nice Boys; Same pushy door-men, ... It made them angry so I left loosing 500 bath!
    Look Bar: I just went inside, but the boys looked like they were about 15-16 years old, and for me that is too young.
    Tom Yum. The staff were too pushy and the music booring.
    Legun: I liked the interior but it smelled really bad. ... Seemes like they moved all the good boys to Cocktail.
    Euroboys. This bar was 100% clean and new renovated. The funny manager asked me if I wanted an unberella because they had waterproblem from the roof. All the boys were really good dancers and played around among each other and with the customers inside! Also sitting outside and watch the three craczy dormen was fun!

Jimmy Jimmy James-Gogo: NO customers inside

Reggys beer bar and rainbow beerbar Who want to sit like a monkey in a cage?
    Olso the restaurante next to Euroboys was a positive visit. Great place to eat and see all the boys on the street! Very cheap and good food too!

One thing that surprised me was that almost all customers were over 70 years old!

Liked

Excellent report, some owners should pay attention to the report of a newbie with no agenda, as for Pushy doorman after 2 years of no Pattaya and only Bangkok to explore. I honestly thought Pattaya was much easier to go in with out the Taunts of the taunts. But, I will say that I am a bit thick skinned when it comes to that. I have been pissed once or twice in Bangkok. Most all my long term Business goes to Pattaya. Short term fly though visits, I go to Bangkok.

Again excellent report and a fresh Voice.

ALL THE BEST,

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The two Legun boy bar continue to open and close and now Legun 1,
    formerly Jungle Boys is open and Legun 2 is closed. Next door the
    restaurant is being renovated for a new restaurant.
    Unfortunately, Legun is an ashtray bar and even the boys smoke cigarettes inside. Apparently, a regular customer supplies the boys with cigarettes and he chain smokes and the bar stinks. Too bad, as this bar can be a lot of fun but as long as Jorge is foolish enough to allow smoking, he will lose many many customers and many will never return as the stink stays even after the smokers have left.

Say what you like about Krazy Dragon and Jimm Jimmy James but you will never see an ashtray or cigarette/cigar smoking inside either bar and you will have the time of your life and leave withpuit stinking clothes and stinging eyes..
    Unfortunately, without the enforcement of the no smoking law, many bar
    owners bring out the ashtrays.
    I should include Nice Boys in the no tobacco smoking
    category but unfortunately these are the only three go gos in Sunee that you can be guaranteed a tobacco smoke free atmosphere and still have a great time..
    I will not respond to those who defend cigarette smoking in a/c bars because
    prostitution is also against the law, those who don't believe in the effects of second hand smoke and those who fell it is their right to pollute.
    . All those
    on that side of the issue can choke on their fucking disgusting cigarettes/cigars, imho :cat: