List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Pattaya go go bar visitations..

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Random Pattaya go go bar visitations..

I checked out Wild West Boys on Pattayaland soi 2 the other nite and
    was surprised to see many changes in the few weeks since my last look..
    It was surprisingly quiet for high season and even the show had many empty seats.
    Lots of new go go boys and it left me wondering why so many had left/moved on in a relatively short period of time. I am less than thrilled with the new direction in hiring and it seems like someone new is doing the hiring. WWB
    used to be full of stars and hunks and there were absent on my last visit.
    Further surprise came when the star started and most of the regular dancers
    in the show were gone and many new guys were up on stage. One act had
    three boys twirling umbrellas while one boy danced and it was a new low level for this former great bar. The rest of the show was rehashed and quite lame
    as many of the new dancers didn't know the routines and the spirit was absent.
    On the positive side, there were many many go go boys but quantity is only one aspect.
    It may be unfair to review WWB based on only this one visit but my guess
    is management changed or something happened and WWB has lost it
    shine.
    One very fem boy screamed throughout one skit and it was painful to hear and watch..
    My companion farang told me that someone I have on my foe list had posted something less than positive about WWB recently, but I missed it. If you didn't like WWB before, it may work better for you now with the new shift..

We stopped in Krazy Dragon in Sunee Plaza tonite and it was jammed with boy table dancers but devoid of customers. I didn't even see Mark at his table. I had a great old time as I don't go to KD for the farangs but business was way off and this was the hour before the show time..

I have been hearing that the boy go go bars are short of boys this high season in many of the bars but the two mentioned ones had larger than usual numbers of boys. Customers were far fewer than usual..

Maybe high season is slowing down a little earlier than usual and maybe it
    is just this week.. :cat:

Liked

Re: Random Pattaya go go bar visitations..

And just maybe its the stupid prices they charge for drinks.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jolyjacktar
    \It certainly could be the prices,thats why i stoped going to Bangkok ,the prices were getting to high,and these days we have to budget where we can .What with the flightsprices these days and Hotels it can work out to bea very EXP holiday,and if you are travelling 3/4 times a year you need to watch what you are spending,on some of these rediculous drink prices

Quote Originally Posted by markie1
    \It certainly could be the prices,thats why i stoped going to Bangkok ,the prices were getting to high,and these days we have to budget where we can .What with the flightsprices these days and Hotels it can work out to bea very EXP holiday,and if you are travelling 3/4 times a year you need to watch what you are spending,on some of these rediculous drink prices
    I sometimes wondered what the poor people did on holiday

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by markie1
    In comparison to the air fare, hotel cost, offs and tips, the cost of drinks is the least thing I worry about and the last thing I would skimp on. But to each his own.
    Where I live, the cost of a drink/tip at a bar is equivalent of 350 Baht without entertainment.

Liked

OFF TOPIC ... SORRY ...

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    " ... My companion farang told me that someone I have on my foe list had posted something less than positive about WWB recently, but I missed it. If you didn't like WWB before, it may work better for you now with the new shift ... "
    If you've forgotten who's on your 'Ignore' list (I'm not a fan-of-foes) it must be very long indeed.
    Exactly how many poor sods are on it anyway? Handle names not necessary of course, but sharing might be interesting.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: OFF TOPIC ... SORRY ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    If you've forgotten who's on your 'Ignore' list (I'm not a fan-of-foes) it must be very long indeed.
    Exactly how many poor sods are on it anyway?
    I guess this going somewhat off-topic but since we had to re-create the list on migration to the new software I've pared mine back to five - headed by the Forum's two A-class shits, x in pattaya and Gone Fishing, both of whom are possibly the nastiest people I've ever encountered online (ad hominem attacks and patronising remarks a specialty). Then there are the time-wasters - Khor tose, Curious and gra45. That's it. I am however slightly thankful that I haven't turned off the PM feature for Foes. I still treasure the PM from Khor tose to Henry Cate (which he inadvertently sent to me) and the one forwarded on by Curious containing thoroughly libelous stories made by another one-time poster about George. I've remarked before; as my mother used to say "If you can't find anything nice to say about someone ... come and sit next to me"

Liked

I must have been at the same show as you Cat .. and yes it was well below par, but this has happened before and the show bounces back. The 'skit' that you described was simply awful - to falang ears - but many Thais in audience fell about laughing, which highlights my one whinge about WWB, which is that the owner doesn't appreciate who her main market is, so even at the recent Mr Super Model there was VERY limited English translation of proceedings despite me reminding her that very few people in the audience understood what was going on.

BTW - go with your bf tonight to WWB and get a special gift - but I am told you have to do something to qualify for it, but I couldn't prise (pun intended) it out of her exactly what is required!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

Re: OFF TOPIC ... SORRY ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    ...two A-class shits, x in pattaya and Gone Fishing, both of whom are possibly the nastiest people I've ever encountered online (ad hominem attacks and patronising remarks a specialty). "
    Oh go on. (blush). You're too kind.

Actually the remarks are "ad homiturd" attacks. It may have escaped your notice, but (and I'll say this is a deep, mature sounding voice) YOU STARTED IT.

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    I've remarked before; as my mother used to say "If you can't find anything nice to say about someone ... come and sit next to me"

Well that explains a lot:
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)
    Homi is a closet American, and if mom was born in 1884, it also confirms the genetic impact on children born out of pregnancies in the elderly. Any clue who dad was?

Liked

As a bar owner that has no problem with comments about the his bar so long as they are objective, have to agree with cat donтАЩt now what is happening this last 7- 10 days but I have been very sparse on customersтАЩ this past week up until 9.45 -10.00 pm then the bar has filled quickly and had no seating room for approximately 90 minutes then dropping off again, good number of boys in most nights but limited offs. But I am beginning to see more boys exchanging telephone numbers with customers. On a another point I have to say I have read many comments about bar owners not catering for there flang customers, now I have to say I cant speak for any other bar than my own, but I have a 3 to 1 Thai customer base over flang and I welcome each customer the same Thai or flang I like every body that visits to enjoy.
    I am thinking about putting a few pointers on the board to try to help the customers get the best out of the bar and there visit and I know I am going to get hammered for this but I am going to try it any way.
    So letтАЩs try.

1. A good day to visit the bar is always the 5th of the month itтАЩs the boys pay day you can usually be assured of the max number of boys in the bar.
    2. We have a promotion on 100 piper for a persons birthday Free 100 piper and you pay for 6 mixer and ice 380bht, thatтАЩs less than most places you can buy 100 piper, Now I donтАЩt now if the waiters are not getting this offer across to flang customers as in the past two months Thai have taken the offer 16 times compared to 1 flang maybe it a language problem I donтАЩt know.
    3. Remember all drinks after 12am are 99bht, you will also notice the boys happy to sit with you that 60 minutes for a drink before meeting you out side, and before any body comments that every body should pay offs you have to be blind to not now this happens any way in every bar.
    4. If you are one that likes lots of boys sitting with you why not consider opening a bottle itтАЩs a lot cheaper than buying 6 or 7 boys drinks and donтАЩt by shy about telling the waiter to slow down on the mixing of the drinks if they are trying to empty the bottle on you, donтАЩt forget you can take the bottle out with you donтАЩt have to let them empty it.
    5. Tipping you donтАЩt have to tip every boy that walks past you its up to you as they say just tip the odd boy you like the look of.
    6. So lets see if I get hammered for this one apologies now for any spelling errors and remember some people out there reading this might not be regulars go-go bar visitors for the know it alls out there.
    Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.