Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Social web sites and prostitution

Social web sites and prostitution

The mobile phone and the Internet have brought about a big change in the way the flesh trade works. That's alarming some people (and not just ex-owners of boy bars like George who see their sources of revenue under threat)
    Colleges and universities ought to take action against students found to have engaged in "direct-sale" prostitution via social-network websites like Hi5, according to a well-known academic. Assoc Prof Sukhum Chaloeysap of Suan Dusit Rajabhat University said all institutes of higher learning should admit the problem existed and join forces to combat it. Some students are said to have touted sexual services on Hi5, which has links to more than 1,000 other websites that openly post students' pictures, many in uniform, and suggestive messages. He urged the principals of colleges and universities to investigate. Many students' part-time jobs are affected by the economic slowdown, driving some to prostitution to earn extra money, he said.
    http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/02 ... 094692.php

We should be grateful to Assoc Prof Sukhum Chaloeysap for publicising these sites. He's like the principal of the large boys' school who gets up in assembly to warn the boys to stay away from certain public lavatories - thanks for directing the boys where to go if they're horny and fancy a bit of cocksucking. hi5.com, anyone?

Re: Social web sites and prostitution

Excellent point. A cordial thank you is definitely in order. But seriously, what's this guy thinking? If he were advising universities to give scholarships, room and board to all students, that would be one thing. But he's telling universities to bar students from earning money so they can pay for their education.

What a fucking idiot.

I must admit, I did have an inkling of maybe finally checking out one of those "Hi5" invitations I've seen over the past years and never bothered after seeing that on the Nation site. I did not bother again and I assume 99.9999 percent of the rest neither, and can't see how an ad of prostitution could be significant enough to warrant a Dean's attention and publication in the Nation. Is there no shame?

Liked

if you do venture over the Hi5 I hope you can read Thai because most of the Thai people who have pages there have them almost entirely in Thai. Which is of course their prerogative.

The article does say that many of the girls (and I think this academic only mentions girls not boys) who are in this line of work are not poor...they are just selling themselves to they can buy things.

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr
    The article does say that many of the girls (and I think this academic only mentions girls not boys) who are in this line of work are not poor...they are just selling themselves to they can buy things.
    One of Stickman's recent correspondents has this to say
    Quote Originally Posted by A Stickman correspondent
    I live in the central plains, just a few hundred kilometres north of Bangkok. My Thai wife works at a high school with a role of about 1,500 students. This is what she told me. If a Thai male wants to have sex with one of the female students (12 - 18 years) it can easily be arranged. Just give the in-between (in this case a woman who owns a restaurant) a call and you can order whatever you want. Of course you cannot buy any girl you want, but from the age of 12 there are enough pretty students who can be bought for a session. I couldnтАЩt believe that at first, but my wife pointed out a 13 old year girl walking by. She asked me if I knew the girl. Yes I did. She comes from a dirt poor family living just a mile from us in our village. Then my wife told me that this girl had the most expensive mobile telephone available in the province, 30,000 baht. My wife asked me if I thought her parents gave her this. No, out of the question. So there you have it.
    - http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanB ... angkok.htm

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    One of Stickman's recent correspondents has this to say
    Quote Originally Posted by A Stickman correspondent
    .... this girl had the most expensive mobile telephone available in the province, 30,000 baht. My wife asked me if I thought her parents gave her this. No, out of the question. So there you have it.
    - http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanB ... angkok.htm

Personally, I wouldn't give a 50B top-up voucher for a bit of fanny, but each to their own.

Tee Hee

:cheers: