Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Passion prepares to unveil тАЬPhase TwoтАЭ website

Pattaya Passion prepares to unveil тАЬPhase TwoтАЭ website

On February 5, 2009, Pattaya Passion will re-launch its newly designed informational website and message forum. The fully integrated site will offer many more features than the original version and will offer users a truly interactive experience while providing useful information about Gay Pattaya life! The new message forum is a different format from any of the other gay Thailand forums and boasts many unique features with easy to use options! Pattaya Passion Phase Two will be housed at the same url as the current main website.

Please stop by and see why Pattaya Passion is indeed тАЬThe InsiderтАЩs Guide To Gay Pattaya!тАЭ

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Passion prepares to unveil тАЬPhase TwoтАЭ website

Of course it is a virgin poster who just happens to have all this information!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Of course it is a virgin poster who just happens to have all this information!

Mock if you will, but you have to admit they're providing a vital, indepth, up-to-the-minute service:

The Passion Patrol is a volunteer team of Pattaya residents who
    frequent gay establishments in the area. The primary purpose of
    the Passion Patrol is to continually supply the board with up-to-date
    venue contact information as well as anecdotal accounts of their
    experiences
    I've randomly chosen some of the most recent reports. Obviously a lot of thought went into these reports. It's hard to imagine how many hours were spent researching by the volunteer team!

"Small bar with BIG boys!"
    -- July, 2008
    "Great selection of boys, awesome cabaret show -- a Pattaya institution!"
    -- July, 2008
    One of the older, more-established bars in Pattayaland."
    -- July, 2008
    An upstairs go-go with a large selection of different types. Friendly mammasan."
    -- July, 2008

as i understand it the new board wont have that feature. there will be no reviews only up to date information, photos, calendars, news and maps. and ofcourse the new message forum which im sure will be a big improvement. the owners always said that pattayapassion.com was a work in progress. i personally cant wait to see the new site.

I am a virgin under this handle yes. I posted under this handle as that is my handle on Pattaya Passion. This post was for information purposes, as it is on other forums.

Don't judge Phase 2 based on phase 1

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Alf
    i personally cant wait to see the new site.
    Possibly we could form an ad hoc support group to help you get through this. I'm in an anticipatory frenzy myself. :clown: I'm coping by maintaining a facade of indifference.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday
    The fully integrated site will offer many more features than the original version and will offer users a truly interactive experience while providing useful information about Gay Pattaya life! The new message forum is a different format from any of the other gay Thailand forums and boasts many unique features with easy to use options!
    It really doesn't matter what a site looks like or what features are used... it's the content that has the power to either draw or drive away traffic... and revenue-producing is the object for the PP folks, I would guess.

If you're going to start what is essentially a redundant site (how many forums on gay Thailand does the world really need, anyway?) it must be for ad traffic; and while I don't begrudge anyone that opportunity it's bound to fail if the content isn't compelling. From what I saw there myself on a couple of visits and from comments folks have made, it doesn't meet the criteria so far.

I wish them luck, but I also hope they don't begin using SGT as another place to post thinly-veiled promotional items under the guise of "participating" here, as others have. That's SO cheap.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday
    I am a virgin under this handle yes. I posted under this handle as that is my handle on Pattaya Passion. This post was for information purposes, as it is on other forums.

Don't judge Phase 2 based on phase 1
    When I read your handle, I thought: "What a brilliant scheme for multi-handled (hydra) participants to use, and not to stop at using the day of week they joined, but expanding to using the date they joined as a handle! We could soon see new comments: Welcome to our newest members: 23January2009 and 24January2009!" Oh, wait. That would limit someone to adding only one new alias per day. Never mind. :-)
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

Liked

Oh, wait. That would limit someone to adding only one new alias per day. Never mind.
    By no means - you could use the Buddhist calendar, the Mayan, date youself from the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem - the possibilities are limitless :sunny:

Liked

In defense an apologetic post on PP.

If you honestly take a look its not nearly as bad as it seems. The moderators are kind allow you to post politely and disagree with respect. I honestly look forward to a new format. the other was a bit hard to follow. \If there is a problem I would say its the lack of ability to look over the form with out signing in. You have to be a member which means if you want to post where the most people can view it as guests you go to TT and SGT. If I leave a post and then list a URL here you have to join. for me that was a problem on a recent post. I did a lot if work on the post but not everyone was allowed to view unless you join. that is a big hiccup for me. I had mentioned that I would wait to post the some on these forums. however when I learned no one could view with out joining I posted after a day on other forums. Also if you do happens to post a good post with research involved you are thanked for the effort. its, polite to new comers and a bit over moderated at times I think. The Unique things about SGT is unless you really screw up you are left to post. BG makes it on in one way or another. He is allowed to post for a while until he gets on his beat a ped dead horse beating. He like me on the Ambiance Cat on smoke and him on peds are well known, no one has to guess what you think about these. Thus only occasionally should they be repeated, me included.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes