List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Thai guys you like so much?

What is it about Thai guys you like so much?

Ok, I'm going to be perfectly honest here, so load up your weapons and get ready to shoot me down in flames, as I'm probably about to give you enough ammo to last a Gulf war or two.

I don't find Thai guys the most physically attractive guys on the planet. There. I've said it. Lock and load boys...

When I say that, I certainly don't mean that I find them unattractive in any way. I've seen some Thai guys that I'd honestly rate as some of the best looking guys I've ever seen. Especially young shaven headed monks [???] - don't ask, I don't know why either. But in general, as a whole and speaking of them in a general sense, I wouldn't say that I thought Thais were the best looking race on this earth. I find that Arabs, North Africans, Mediterraneans and Indians are much more to my personal taste. But hey, that's just me. We can't help who we find attractive can we?

Which leads me to question just what it is about Thailand which draws me there time and time again. There is a definite beauty in Thailand which you can't find anywhere else, but that beauty, for me, isn't necessarily physical. If I'm totally and 100% honest, I'd openly admit that it's the ease and availability of boys which does it for me. It's their openness, willingness and casual approach to homosexual sex which draws me back time after time. I just know that I wouldn't find anything even remotely on that scale in Delhi, Portugal, Morrocco, Dubai, or pretty much anywhere else on the planet.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the outwardly physical beauty of Thai guys which brings me back to LOS time and time again. It's the inner beauty of mental openness and, dare I say it, acceptance of allowing a middle aged, slightly overweight, reasonably poor looking white westerner like me to do whatever I like to them, for a small fee. Be that a small fee for a short time or the rather larger fee of having them as a long term relationship.

So what is it about Thailand and Thai guys that attracts you?

You were probably taking aim while reading that.

You may now fire at will...

(exept my name's not Will)

Liked

Re: What is it about Thai guys you like so much?

Quote Originally Posted by maroonedmind
    Ok, I'm going to be perfectly honest here, so load up your weapons and get ready to shoot me down in flames, as I'm probably about to give you enough ammo to last a Gulf war or two.

I find that Arabs, North Africans, Mediterraneans and Indians are much more to my personal taste.
    You may now fire at will...
    (exept my name's not Will)
    If you find Arabs, North Africans, Meds and Indians attractive it is understandable why you are not partial to Thais! I have American friends who find nothing attractive with anyone who has brown skin.

Just a matter of taste or lack of it.

Liked

I have the opposite opinion. I find Thais very physically attractive.
    First, I am happy to report that there are still loads of everyday handsome guys walking around Thailand. On my recent visit it seemed when I was least expecting it, I would look up and spot a very handsome guy walking by. Whether it was the BTS, a park, a mall, or just on the street, they seemed to be all over this visit. This is the main reason I prefer to walk most places versus taking a taxi or tuk-tuk. I think most Thais are beautiful people beyond the smile that everyone talks about. I am also attracted by their personal cleanliness and neatness.
    I visited a town in Issan that happened to be having some type of celebration. The motorbikes and pick-ups appeared to be just pouring into a park in the middle of town with loads of teenagers and early-twenties crowd(mostly male). I asked and was told that it was a type of fair that offered music and shopping round the clock. Since a visit here appealed to me much more than a drink or two, I visited and had a ball surrounded by all the eye candy. Most were attractive (in my opinion) and I saw very few I would call otherwise.
    I agree on your comments regarding their openness, willingness and casual approach to male-to-male fun.
    So for me, it is both factors that make me return.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

To be frank, most of the Asian guys I've met in California have a white man syndrome. They absolutely must date a white man, at all costs. I am not speaking for all of California asians here, just a healthy percentage of the ones I know. Most people take me for Asian, most often from the Philippines or Thailand. I suppose it's healthy to want what you look like! Unfortunately, smooth, brown & dark are hard to come by in Los Angeles so I go to Thailand twice a year, and then deal with the available the rest of the year! :thumbright:

IMHO it's the combination of the country, the culture and of course the mental and physical attraction of the boys.
    It's a bit like food: If I have Thai food in Holland, prepared in exactly the same way as in Thailand, it just tastes different, because of the lack of exhaust fumes, the lower temperature, the fat waitress, the environment. I wonder whether a Thai boy in Holland would be as attractive as in Thailand.

I will find out soon, because I'll head back to my home country in a few weeks. I got an opportunity I couldn't refuse. For the next 18 years I'll be an ordinary holiday maker instead of an expat.

Liked

Handswome & physically attractive boys & men can be found in every country of the world. You see more of them in Thailand probably because they're out and about. On the other hand you also see a lot of ordinary-looking guys, and the not-so-attractive ones. At one time I considered the young Italians to be the most beautiful youths in the world, but now I can see beautiful men everywhere if I look out for them, without any preconceived ideas.

Liked

I tend to agree with you, marooned, it's not just their physical beauty that's attractive, and by no means every Thai man is good-looking. For me, it's spirit, relaxed approach to life, and their sense of humour. But also, it's the country - the character of the people, the beauty of the countryside, their (apparent) friendliness. I just love it all.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Generally I find Thais are beautiful, friendly & they keep themselves in shape

Availability must be a significant factor too.

Not to mention the attractive clothing they wear, see link for example.

THAI GUYS

Forum's veteran
    Liked

the price ?
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Just a bit off topic, but I googled 'Rice Queen Diary' at Brady's suggestion. Not exactly as he says (though there are more than a few finds), the first choice is a blog put up by a 50 year old American in Bangkok: << http://www.ricequeendiary.com >>

Not too much of interest, and some poor information (hit on "Thai guy's underwear" << http://www.ricequeendiary.com/thai-boys-underwear >> ) and not unlike many blogs of this nature. However, if you hit on the link titled "Khao San Road" (<< http://www.ricequeendiary.com/khao-san-road >>) there is some info there on gay bars in that neighbourhood ... an area where I've never heard much mention of a gay scene at all. Perhaps our intrepid Bangkok reporter Trongpai has some confirming information.

The directions suck, but surely someone will try and hunt this down sooner or later. And report back:

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Queen Diary
    " ... And if you really want to be adventurous, there is a small cluster of Thai gay clubs within walking distance of Khao San Road. These clubs are frequented by working class Thais, and are generally less sticky than other Thai-4-Thai venues. IтАЩve only been one time, and can tell you the boys are hot. You will want to get there earlier than 11, or all the tables will be taken.

I donтАЩt remember exactly how you get to the gay clubs, so youтАЩll want to get directions. Generally you walk to the end of Khao San Road marked by a Burger King dead center on the far side of a cross street that creates a T intersection. Cross over to the Burger King side of the road, turn right, and the clubs are on side streets a few blocks down and to the left.
    ... "
    Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand