Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: 15 day arrival visa

Forum's veteran
    Liked

15 day arrival visa

apologies if this has been already discussed and I missed,
    but I read on ajarn page only 15 day visas are now being given upon arrival.

doesn't really affect me much usually
    but nice to know if true

Liked

Re: 15 day arrival visa

I could be wrong, but as far as I know the 15 Visa only applies if arriving over land, if you fly in you still get the 30 day.

Liked

[edited: OK, my post landed a few seconds after Irish posted... so I agree 15 by land and 30 by air]

30 days if arriving by air and 15 if arriving by land, i.e. making a "visa run."
    This is assuming your nationality used to normally get 30 days.

Agree totally with the points that thonglor55 makes, but, to examine the reasons why....
    Get rid of the 90 in 180 rule as too many people were being forced elsewhere to live, but....
    they now do a run every 15 days, so the visa run companies make up lost money, or they do it by air every 30 days - helps the airlines after the yellow perils nearly put them out of business

see, everybody wins (and makes money, or am i cynical?)

Yes, but if I understands the rules correct I can in fact get into troubles.

If I arrive in Bangkok airport on my holliday I will get a Tourist Visa Exemption Entry Permit that lasts 30 days. Let's say, as an example, I want to stay in Thailand for 30 days. I am travelling around and after some days, I find out, that I want to go some days to Vientienna, via the Friendship bridge. After two days I return to Thailand and viola I have to short of my holliday in Thailand with example 1 week.
    Before I have been in Mae Sot for some days in the beginning of my holliday to visit a friend, and crossed the river into Myanmar for a one day experience. It will not be possible for me to do things like that anymore. I am sometimes a very impulsive person, now I have to make too much planinng :scratch:

Or if I book a flight to BKK, have it cancelled due to some yellow shirted idiots at the airport & have to arrive over land, then the max time which can be spent in Thailand is limited to 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by hansiThe2
    Yes, but if I understands the rules correct I can in fact get into troubles.

If I arrive in Bangkok airport on my holliday I will get a Tourist Visa Exemption Entry Permit that lasts 30 days. Let's say, as an example, I want to stay in Thailand for 30 days. I am travelling around and after some days, I find out, that I want to go some days to Vientienna, via the Friendship bridge. After two days I return to Thailand and viola I have to short of my holliday in Thailand with example 1 week.
    Before I have been in Mae Sot for some days in the beginning of my holliday to visit a friend, and crossed the river into Myanmar for a one day experience. It will not be possible for me to do things like that anymore. I am sometimes a very impulsive person, now I have to make too much planinng :scratch:
    I am led to beleive that in this case the validity of the socond visa will not be less than the extant validity of the previous visa.

If you decide to go to Laos after 7 days, you're visa-exempt will finish upon leaving the country. If you return to Thailand, crossing the Friendship bridge, they will allow you 15 days.
    If you decide to go to Laos on the 29th day of your initial stay and you return crossing the Friendship bridge they'll allow another 15 days.
    Some planning is required!!!!

And please remember: As said earlier, the 15 and 30 day rule is ONLY for visa-exemptions, NOT for visa.