Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get non smoking law enforced in Pattaya

How to get non smoking law enforced in Pattaya

I posted this on GayThailand but believe there are many here that might not read that site so posted it here too

Last night a friend and I were out and about in Pattaya and noticed that more and more bars are ignoring the no smoking laws .

I have tried to talk to some bar owners and managers where it is occurring with no results.

So I thought today I would call the city help desk 1337 and find out how to report violations. The person that took my call after putting me on hold for awhile to check came back on line and told me to call the police at the following number:

038 420 802...5

She also told me to call the city managers office if the police did not go to check. So with this information and the names and location of some of the Sunee Plaza that are violating the law, I called.

No answer. I tried for 10 minutes redialing all 3 numbers. No answer.

I thought the call center must have given me the wrong number. So I went on line to check. The number was correct and I found additional numbers 038-428-223, 038 429- 371. I tried those numbers. Same thing. Despite my redialing each number for 10 minutes, No answer.

Not giving up, I thought ok I will call the tourist police. I saw that they have a special 4 digit number 1155, but that number seems to be out of service.

So after 30 minutes of trying to get someone to answer the phone I remembered that I saw a number on a no smoking sign that was in Thai. I went to check that number 025903342. Some one answered. Apparently is was the Alcohol and tobacco control number. Problem for me was they only speak Thai.

So I decided that I would make up a petition. Get some people to sign it and submit it to the Mayor's Office and also see if I could get the press involved.

Are there any other ideas? "Vote with my feet" is not an option. It is my hope to bring these violators to their knees!!

I am serious about trying something. If anyone willing to help it would be great!

Re: How to get non smoking law enforced in Pattaya

Slightly off topic, but relevant to your comments about contacting the police.

My friend had a boy force his way into his house and refuse to leave....locked himself in a bedroom. I was there at the time, and we tried all the numbers we knew for the police and tourist police - ones published in the local papers, in the gay mags, in the expat traders mag, the one i had stored in my mobile - not one of them was answered. In the end, drove down to a local police box where a Thai volunteer had a mobile phone number that produced a swift response.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    Are there any other ideas? "Vote with my feet" is not an option. It is my hope to bring these violators to their knees!!

I am serious about trying something. If anyone willing to help it would be great!
    Become a Thai Tourist Police Volunteer. You can then deal with this blatant law-breaking and wear a rather attractive uniform as well. Here is a link to an on-line application form . . .
    http://www.thai-touristpolice.org/application.php

Also you can tackle that other awful crime that takes place in many bars here in Pattaya! Yes prostitution!
    Or maybe that one is ok with you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya Male Wrote:

No answer. I tried for 10 minutes redialing all 3 numbers. No answer.[quote:1k3bh2jg]
    [/quote:1k3bh2jg]

They were probably out back having a smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by pattayaboi
    GET A LIFE YOU SAD GIT
    I take it you are a smoker?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattaya Male
    [size=85]
    Last night a friend and I were out and about in Pattaya and noticed that more and more bars are ignoring the no smoking laws .

I have tried to talk to some bar owners and managers where it is occurring with no results.
    Please let the board know the names of these recalcetrant businesses ...
    I for one would like to patronize them.

Liked

Two male voices overheard on a plane:
    "I think everyone's asleep, let's go"
    "This one's empty ... no-one's looking... you go in first"
    "It's a bit cramped - let me sit down"
    "Have you got the condom? Quick - put it on"
    Sniff sniff
    "Ah perfume - you think of everything"
    "This is great....." (long sigh)
    Static on the loud speaker then a new voice.
    "This is the captain speaking, to those two people in the rear toilet. We know what you're doing and it is expressly forbidden by airline regulations... Now put those cigarettes out and take the condom off the smoke detector!"
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    Pattaya Male Wrote:

No answer. I tried for 10 minutes redialing all 3 numbers. No answer.[quote:xxzrzg8r]
    They were probably out back having a smoke.[/quote:xxzrzg8r]

That was a good answer!!!! :blackeye:

Liked

i only smoke because i don't want to die healthy..
    and if smoking is so bad for you how come it cures kippers?
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    Slightly off topic, but relevant to your comments about contacting the police.
    I had similar experiences (amusing only in hindsight!).

When living in Pattaya my house painter was away and his "girlfriend" came to the house and refused to leave. After over an hour and trying all the numbers you did I finally got through to the tourist police - they told me I would have to come to the police station to register a complaint!

When living in Naklua my neighbour was away and his drunken ex-girlfriend came to the house and proceeded to smash all the windows. After trying the police for 30 minutes I gave the motorbike taxi driver back his keys, which I had relieved him of when it was clear that he was waiting for her to finish, and told the caretaker that I was leaving it up to him to continue doing nothing.

Amazing indeed!