Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ambiance

Liked

The Ambiance

I was in the Ambiance for 3 nights in the first week in November. I've been there before, and have pleasant memories of the place. This time - what a disappointment. I thought I might as well pamper myself, so I stayed in their new "Executive Suite". Oh dear, Oh dear. Don't believe what you see on their website - the room is large enough OK, and reasonably clean, but the decor is dingy and the furniture is tired. As a matter of fact, dingy and tired would do for a description of the rest of the place as well.

The work on installing the lift seemed to have stopped. There was a boarded up hole on each floor. Possibly because of an unfinished lift shaft stretching down into the bowels of the earth, the hotel had a slight dank smell - like standing water (not in the room though to be fair). Making space for the lift shaft has also turned the place into a bit of a warren. To get to my room it was up the main stairs - down a flight of 3 steps - along a corridor - up some more steps. I got lost once! Not much fun for anyone less nimble than they once were.

Well, I hadn't the energy to do anything just off the plane, and after that there were only 2 nights left, but if I had been there for a longer stay I would have checked out and moved on. The room was livable, but it terms of what you had a right to expect from their top dollar, "flagship" room, it was nowhere near the standard I expected. In short - terrible value for money.

So, in three days my one word review of the Ambiance has gone from "recommend" to "avoid".

did you ...

... complain to the management?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Are you cazy?

Complain? That sort of thing can get a man a serious injury!

:inv:

cheers

Liked
    what can I say, use to be my favorite place to visit, I can get that kind of thing at Twoguys in Sunee for less and with out the smell. I never felt like the rooms were dingy but certainly not the Hyatt either, I would not spend my money at Ambiance agian. so, I guess enough said from me.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    what can I say, use to be my favorite place to visit, I can get that kind of thing at Twoguys in Sunee for less and with out the smell. I never felt like the rooms were dingy but certainly not the Hyatt either, I would not spend my money at Ambiance agian. so, I guess enough said from me.

Wes
    On my first trip to Pattaya 14 years ago i stay in Ambiance. Real to expensieve and that, "MADAM JIM" whit here money face.

I dident like it there !

The Ambiance has been on the slide for at least a couple of years now both in decor and standards of service. They have been living on a past glory and reputation which is fast disappearing.
    Madame Jim and the management seem to only be interested in Boyz Boyz Boyz, (which is probably natural as it is their cash cow). If they put even a small fraction of the effort they put into the club instead into the hotel it would not be in decline. It is now grossly over-priced and over-rated. As far as I can see they now treating the hotel as a minor inconvenience and the least important part of their empire and are reaping the dubious benefits of this policy.

Liked
    I certainly think they have some catching up to do with the other side of the Soi following the upgrade to Cafe Royale and the complete refurb of Copa .....
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Krobbie wrote:

Are you cazy?
    Complain? That sort of thing can get a man a serious injury!

Or much worse Krobbie.............

That place often had bad smells in some of the rooms which was thought to be a coming up through the drains!

Liked
    IT was a great favourite of mine to stay there on my holidays, but alas i too about 2 yeras ago found it to be exspensive for the room offered. The rooms are very dowdy now and i wont stay there again.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked
    Some rooms are above the disco and the thump,thump until 0100 is a f###### pain

I used to enjoy an early off or have a nice dinner , but get the wrong room and it is bloody unbearable

Cafe Royale has problems with their steep stairs I found Poseiden and enjoy that, in particular their lift

To me staying in Boyztown is for newbies.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves