Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major change to Visa Exempt rules

Major change to Visa Exempt rules

Picked this up on another forum. Seems like 30 days goes down to 15 if you arrive from local country, but 90day rule has gone!

The officially translated new rules aren't up on the website yet.

However, a chap we know has done us an initial translation...

"A person holding a passport or other paper instead of a passport that has a citizenship that the Minister of State decreed in agreement with the Board of Ministers to let come into the Kingdom for a temporary period in order to tour according to the law and ordinances methodology and conditions of examination as "exempt" and to change the type of examination giving a stamp (year of) 2545 (day of) 16 of August (year of) 2545 Article 13)3) gives permission to enter the Kingom many times with a permision to stay in the Kingdom each time not more than 30 days counting from the day of entry into the Kingdom except that for an entry into the Kingdom by way of entry from a neighboring country the permission granted to stay in the Kingdom each time will not exceed 15 day counting from the day of entry into the Kingdom."

The 90 day in 6 month limit is no longer mentioned which is great. They only introduced that particular rule early last year and it's been nothing but hassle for their own immigration people because they had to sift through date stamps in cluttered passports and try to count up the total number of days a person spent in the country.

Those 90 days were counted on a cumulative basis, so whereas you were stamped in for 30 days, if you left again after, say, 4 days you did not lose the other 26 days. They would be held over, unlike when you leave having entered on a tourist visa where you lost any of your unused 60 days.

I'm sorry, but this post 'smells' to a Thaivisa post.
    The information isn't on the MFA website yet, but 'a chap we know' did an initial translation.

Liked
    On last check, there are at least three threads running on thaivisa.com about the change. From what I can distill, crossing a land border now merits a 15-day permission to stay, whereas and airport arrival still merits the old 30-day permission to stay. There are reports of folks actually getting the 15-day stamp at land borders, and Phuket Immigrations was quoted as saying 15 days at a land border, 30 days at the airport, as well.

Apparently, the Police Order is official, but so far only in Thai, and most of the interpretations being posted on thaivisa.com were from members' Thai waives who were unfamiliar with the process and hence not sure how to explain it in English.

So, stay tuned!

Edited to add: Oh, there are changes to some other visas, too, like business and "married man's" visas.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

If ...

... people need "30 days" for any reason, it is just as cheap to fly out of the country now with the budget airlines, especially if booked in advance, as opposed to the dreaded visa run.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph44
    I'm sorry, but this post 'smells' to a Thaivisa post.
    The information isn't on the MFA website yet, but 'a chap we know' did an initial translation.
    It wasn't Thaivisa, it was a closed airlines forum. Sorry if i confused you.

Maybe it is to encorage people to fly in the aftermath of the airport closure?

OK now I'm completely confused. I wish to come for 90 Days or so what visa do I need.

David

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1
    Edited to add: Oh, there are changes to some other visas, too, like business and "married man's" visas.
    what got changed to the bussiness(non-immigrantion B) visa?

Liked: 1
    It would be better to scrap visas for all nationalities. After the pile of shit thats just gone on Who will want to go to Thailand except a bunch of old fat queens
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    It would be better to scrap visas for all nationalities. After the pile of shit thats just gone on Who will want to go to Thailand except a bunch of old fat queens
    And half the populations of Burma, Laos, and Cambodia.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelman868
    OK now I'm completely confused. I wish to come for 90 Days or so what visa do I need.

David
    David,

as it appears you are in UK telephone / e-mail / visit (if pre-arranged) the Thai Consulate in Hull, who have an excellent web-site and are very helpful - far more so than the Thai Embassy in London. If all is in order your visa can be done, by mail, within three days.