Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFP Report Protesters to Leave

Re: AFP Report Protesters to Leave

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    AFP is reporting the PAD have agreed to allow flights to re-commence and will leave the airport soon. I've seen no other confirmation in the Thai news or press so far.
    What is AFP please

Liked
    http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/tha ... 52628.html

German news also told airport will start soon.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Suvarnabhumi to welcome incoming flights
    (BangkokPost.com) - The PeopleтАЩs Alliance for Democracy (PAD) on Tuesday accepted the Airports of Thailand (AOT)тАЩs demand to allow incoming flights to use Suvarnabhumi airport after the Constitution Court dissolved the People Power, Chart Thai and Matchimathipataya parties on charges of electoral fraud.

The first incoming flight to the international airport is expected to be within 24 hours.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/021208_News/ ... king05.php

Protesters NOT to leave, flights to start?!!!!!!!!!!!!

The People's Alliance for Democracy Tuesday agreed in principle to cooperate with the Airports of Thailand Plc to reopen services at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport but the PAD will not end its demonstration there. The agreement was announced at 3:30 pm by Somkiart Pongpaibool, a PAD leader and Vudhibhandhu Vichairatana, chairman of the AOT board of directors, following their meeting. Somkiart announced that the PAD would allow flights to resume at the Bangkok international airport after AOT technical officials check technical readiness of all systems. He said a joint committee between the PAD and AOT board would inspect assets in the airport and would open gateways for passengers to use the airports for arrival and departures. Somkiart said the PAD would allocate a zone for its demonstration to continue without affecting the passengers. Vudhibhandhu said the board would cooperate with the PAD to check the readiness of the systems and would try to resume services within 24 hours. He said the AOT board would try to make the systems of the airport ready in line with international standard.

hope they keep the PAD and the taxi drivers apart

Is this true?

Can the debauchery, and accompaning thievery continue once again in the Land of Suckers?

I read yesterday that the authorities estimated that it would take 7 days to reopen the airport, but today they report flights coming in - I guess to clear the backlog?

I was due to travel to BKK on Saturday 6th December but had resigned myself to cancelling. But if flights are resuming, maybe I can still make it. Any words from the wise on whether it may be possible or een advisable?

Thanks!

So the airport can open and the crisis ends. But there is no PM, no government until/unless one is appointed THEN elected and the PPP and the Cronies Against Dictatorship reorganize as a new party and the same 'problem' as before.

Well, for now just think the army can act either way without appering to be on the orders of the nonexistent government, or may have to act, so I guess the LYB are gonna straighten OUT that airport mess out ASAP.

Re: Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by god
    Can the debauchery, and accompaning thievery continue once again in the Land of Suckers?
    Without any shadow of doubt I would imagine!