Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: gay bars in Khao San Road area

Liked

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    hello+sawasdee-I am back in BKK-and for winterEurope=coolseason here-as I am since 2001. Stay in that area-and always have since I visited LOS here-'87 1st time. Those places still exist-though i think Sake has changed name-again-and it should read Khok WUA (=pen for cow) intersection-but its not to be seen from there-its in a side-soi further on, toward Royal HTL. If youre desperate-try and go-and likely also come back desperate-or wondering about what was that. You should have at least said a little to what type of gaybar youre looking- mixed western+Thai? only Thai? if that-prepared to ''take-off'' -do you know the system? This because KhaoSan tends to get visited by younger/backpacker/onabudget people or by 1st-timers. In the distant past the area used to have more bars-even a sauna-where is now a Korean guesthouse. Thats all gone. For meeting like-minded westerners-or JPNese-try the local beer-drinking spots. The-very few in fact- gay Thai working there you'll note when you have eyes open and look around when you stay a few more days. Most have had enough boyfriends to know anything. Just meeting likeminded Thai looking for a friend-forget it. In fact an awful lot of what seem local workers hail from Myanmar=Burma.
    Most of the red buses are free this time-and can whisk you to places like Silom, Sukhumvit or even here=where I sit now, RamKamHaeng=the big uni-student area. Check the usual sites for what they offer.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    oke then, Sake is still there-same name. Its the place besides that changes names every year or so. Opposite is a SAUNA-name Mix Man-entry free if youre 20-22 (dont know if thats for thai only) or just half=69 bt 15.00-19.00-hlang neung thoom=after 1 eve=19.00 its regular 139. and beside it is what is said to be anohter bar aimed at gay.
    Sah-keh is mainly a disco-not much going before 23.00-popular with Thammasat+ Silpa uni-students. Come in KhaoSarn gear (short trousers, flipflops) and be ignored. Strict ID-check atentry-as all Tai disco's do