Liked

Hotel Search Site

I found a pretty good site for searching for hotels,
    www.agoda.com

Have not booked thru them yet, but easy to use search tool and
    great maps.

Re: Hotel Search Site

Quote Originally Posted by gearguy
    I found a pretty good site for searching for hotels, www.agoda.com Have not booked thru them yet, but easy to use search tool and great maps.
    I use them all the time

Liked

Re: Hotel Search Site

Quote Originally Posted by gearguy
    I found a pretty good site for searching for hotels,
    www.agoda.com

Have not booked thru them yet, but easy to use search tool and
    great maps.
    Thanks, looks very good and now bookmarked. I checked out Chiang Mai Hotels and this site is very good on price and descriptions.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Also ...

Have a look at Sawatdee.com also

www.sawadee.com/hotel/chiangmai/

Liked

Re: Also ...

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Have a look at Sawatdee.com also

www.sawadee.com/hotel/chiangmai/
    Another good site for Chiang Mai,. I only checked out two middle of the crowd hotels. One site is inclusive and the other site adds the charges, but they both come out at the same price. I like the interface on Sawatdee site, but Agora gives you the whole world, and heck they beat my Orbitz price on a Cambodian Hotel I am staying at.

A Modest Suggestion

Check some of the hotel booking sites and find the lowest price. Then check call/write the hotel and tell them you saw such-and-such a price quoted on (website) and ask if they can match it. Many will be happy to do so since they get the money direct and don't have to pay the "salesman" his comission.

Liked

Re: A Modest Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Check some of the hotel booking sites and find the lowest price. Then check call/write the hotel and tell them you saw such-and-such a price quoted on (website) and ask if they can match it. Many will be happy to do so since they get the money direct and don't have to pay the "salesman" his comission.
    Sometimes that works, sometimes not. I had the BF call one place in Kho Samet and the phone quoted price was 2x that of the web booking price. Recently for a trip to Surat Thani again he called and was told a much higher price than what was being offered on Sawatdee.com. He was told if he wanted a discount go to the web booking agent on-line.

I wonder if some of these booking middle men tell their clients if they allow customers to by-pass the service they will drop them?

Then other times, a call results in a significant discount.

Once in Bangkok I was looking for a hotel for a few nights and found Sathorn Villas on the web. Their own web page listed a room at 900B. I was close and dropped in to take a look first. I then asked for a room and was told the price is 1,500B. When I said that your web site quotes 900B I was told that is the web price only. I left, walked across the street to an internet cafe, booked a room on their web site and walked back in the hotel and got the room for 900B from the same guy behind the counter.
    E Dok Tong