Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Which Jomtien Hotel would you choose?

Which Jomtien Hotel would you choose?

There was a recent thread about Pattaya hotels and I've stayed in a few. However I thought I might try Jomtien for the next trip. What hotels are there that can be recommended? Poseidon looks nice - and expensive.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Which Jomtien Hotel would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Poseidon looks nice - and expensive.
    It is VERY nice and in this world, you get what you pay for.

My December reservation has been in since February.

Dates to avoid or match are in the calendar.

Liked

There was a recent thread about Pattaya hotels and I've stayed in a few. However I thought I might try Jomtien for the next trip. What hotels are there that can be recommended? Poseidon looks nice - and expensive.
    Everything is relative. I have stayed in Poseiden and have stayed at Ambience and Cafe Royale I prefer Poseiden

When you relate the tariff to your own currency, you are arguing about nothing For me the ambience is great, the lifts a huge plus, the checking of a boys ID at reception and the short walk to the beach all important. There is a great bakery across the road. I go to papas for breakfast

In Jomtien you have great dining in the adjacent sois. To dine where the expats dine is to stay at Jomtien .

Poseiden is on the baht bus at the doorto Boyztown and to SoiVC ,handy to sunee. There are 2 motorbike taxis stand at your door

Montys is in the same soi There are adjacent saunas and massage and Dicks is around the corner

check out the Jomtien map at

http://gayaffairspattaya.com/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    I agree about Poseidon. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than some of your options, but it is very well set up, spotlessly clean, and you get very well looked after by the management (JeanPierre - assistant manager? - when I stayed there for a month in April/May this year), and by the charming characters who man reception. For a longer stay you might well get a reduction. I was deliberately splashing out at the time and found the jacuzzi in the VIP suite went down very well with my nightly guests! I'd mention also that the same owners have some apartments in the Jomtien Complex, Haus Mewie, which I have not seen, but which I am told are up to Poseidon standards. They don't get much publicity and, naturally, you don't have the advantage of the reception services. Cheaper for a longer stay, though.

As lonelywombat says, you get a much more local feeling staying in Jomtien than in the bleak sois of central Pattaya. The local businesses come to know you, and if you set up a relationship with the lads in Rockhard they pour out to wave every time you pass the premises! He is also right about the ease of transport to the main fleshpots of Pattaya. I thought that was going to be an inconvenience, but it's absolutely no problem.

Go for it!

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Tui's, right on the "gay" beach; large clean rooms, sea view only 1600THB,unobtrusive service, no problem with guests, free wifi, great breakfast with a beach view...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I had a nice tour of Poseidon and the one thing I like..they have a very nice smooth lift which is unusual for a smaller hotel especially when an old slag like me has to be assisted to their room.

Each room was differently decorated and very tasteful..( actually I do have very good taste..as is obvious). The only flaw..they did advertise one as having a wonderful view of the adjoining "parkland" and when i was there 2 dogs where having intercouse in the open land next door.

That could actually be an advantage, depending upon your taste but somehow it brought back very unpleasant memories from my youth..however I don't think the mutts were in the employ of the hotel so they weren't at fault..so you can't go wrong there..go on spoil yourself. You know you deserve it.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Question

Lunchtime:when i was there 2 dogs where having intercouse in the open land next door.
    I was under the impression Homitern never went to Pattaya?
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by piston10
    I was deliberately splashing out at the time and found the jacuzzi in the VIP suite went down very well with my nightly guests!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by rincondog
    Lunchtime:when i was there 2 dogs where having intercouse in the open land next door.
    I was under the impression Homitern never went to Pattaya?
    The impression is that Homintern never really love anyone :flower:

Less expensive hotels

Someone recommended to me the Orchid House Guest House in Jomtien, about (well they say 5 mins), but I think 10 mins. They have an internet site, there is even a swimming pool (albeit small), but the point I'm making, it looks clean and new, and only between 590 and 900 bht a night. I might try that place next time.