Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hedda on She Bangs

Liked

Hedda on She Bangs

I decided not to add to the thread on She Bangs as she who is infallible has made the following statement

From Heddas Blog

Someone asked a perfectly simple question on Sawatdee about the status of the newest bar/restaurant in the Day/Night area in Pattaya, which is called "She Bangs." But the questioner failed to note that the bar is in Pattaya, which set the board off into hysterical "where is this place" posts ?

Any expat or frequent visitor whose been by the Day/night area recently, whether he lives in Pattaya or just visits from Bangkok, knows that Pattaya's newest bar looks great, but is usually quite empty, because no one seems to know when they expect to assume "full operations" as a restaurant too.

Would you believe that after 250 hits, and almost a dozen replies, the audience at Sawatdee is still trying to figure out where and what "She Bangs" is. It obvious in loolking at that thread that's what left of the regular audience there is devoid of expats or veteran visitors to Thailand, either as readers or readers who are willing to post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Hedda would have to notice that the posts /comments to her blog from residents in LOS is almost nil

The replies re She Bangs from people not living in LOS who are not expats or frequent visitors is typical of her blog and SF

If she knows all about this place why doesn't she post all she knows to gaythailand.com

The responses to stupid billy question as to where She Bangs is your exciting point to pour shit on SF.

God you are getting pathetic.

Why read this forum at all if your frustration turns to bile .

You are not banned. You are welcome to post.

Try a post and post the rejection notice on your blog ,if it happens.

If we can allow bullshit billy to dominate this board, then why not you?

Stop sulking and get on with your life

Liked

She Bangs Update

This fabulous looking bar/restaurant never got a proper chance to get up and running unfortunately. Here is the reason why. The owner and his boyfriend bought the business together and put a substantial amount of money into making it look wonderful. However, they had some personal problems -- the Thai boy left -- and the owner now has the place up for sale.

Tragic, but all too common here in Pattaya. Hope this helps all of you who have been inquiring.

Cheerio,
    Chris

Liked

Thanks American Teacher

That is what I expected of Hedda. She lives in Pattaya. Obviously knows the place.
    Why could she not put in a positive comment instead of the shit she posted to her blog.
    Have to admit she is her own worst enemy. Look at her blog to see how much support she now has.
    And respect?????????????????????

Hedda also states that she only saw the post because a friend let her look at it on his laptop. Obviously, in spite of thinking she knows everything, she still hasn't been able to figure out how to access the sight through a proxy. Oh dear.

Liked

Sunny of Sunee Plaza did write of She Bangs in Weekly Report

Although I have observed SheBangs and have been told how incredibly well decorated it is, and what a fabulous place it could be, especially with the garden on the top, I personally had been reluctant to "do anything" to promote it because -- well, I guess mostly, because of what I consider the strange name... combined with the fact that it has never been suggested we should do anything to promote it. I understand the name comes from a Ricky Martin song, but "She Bangs" to me indicates anything but a gay place -- I don't want to go anywhere "she bangs" -- not interested. (I'm sorry -- I have no interest in women, and "She Bangs" to me sounds like women engaging in something or other -- certainly doesn't "sound" like a gay bar, to me.)

I now find that Sunny from Sunee had in fact reported on its opening, but found nothing thereafter despite frequent drop bys to justify further reporting. See next message).
    [Sunny regularly reports on the Day Night Area and on Sunee Plaza area too for the Weekly Report on Thailand on the www.pattayagay.com web site] The name "SheBangs" is a total turn off to me, and I guess I felt until there was some real indication it was a place gays wanted to know about, I just failed to write it up or include it on our map of the Day Night Area, which we do keep pretty current: http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/site6.htm.

I certainly regret that a gay business, if that is what it was really intended as, failed because of lack of promotion, but neither I nor anyone I know was asked to help promote it -- but I still hate to see it fail.

G.P.

Liked

Sunny from Sunee Plaza: we did report opening of SheBangs

I have edited the post above to recognize Sunny from Sunee Plaza's note to me that we had in fact published news of the opening of SheBangs on January 29, 2006.

I have now been able to edit my note which originally started out "Mea Culpa" ("I am responsible") at the urging of Sunny from Sunee Plaza.

Sunny has called to my attention the fact that he had written up the opening of She Bangs in the Weekly Report on Thailand for the week of January 29, 2006, in which he reported on SheBangs as the first item that week for the Day Night area, and had checked it out regularly after that, but could find nothing further to report: The Weekly Report for January 29 had his report as follows under the Day Night Area:

"She-Bangs Bar, located on Soi Day-Night 3 across from Gossip Cafe, held a soft opening on January 22. Beautifully renovated, it is a completely glassed-in bar providing a good vantage point to see the comings and goings on the streets outside." -- end of item from the January 29 "Weekly Report on Thailand." <http://www.pattayagay.com/weeklyreport-jan2906.html>

Sunny has written me: "Methinks you should edit your post on S-G-T by indicating that the WR included a brief write-up about SB right after it opened.

"But it is hard to give a bar "air time" in the WR when it:

* Does not have a "soft" or "grand" opening
    * Does not have any drink specials
    * Does not have any special events, parties, etc.
    * Does not even have a business card, even tho I asked for one every time I went to SB
    * Does not e-mail info to you

"These are the kinds of things that I "scour" high and low for in order to get news for Sunny's updates."-- end of Sunny's note to me. ("SB represents "SheBangs"; "S-G-T" represents Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum; and "WR" represents "Weekly Report" -- Sunny's own abbreviations.

So I am adding this note to show that we did not "ignore" SheBangs after all; there just was nothing to report after the opening.

G.P.

Not so obvious

Contributors to this thread have clearly not been following recent events over on the Bog of Shame. These are all set out on my Blog, to which the real Hedda now contributes regularly - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=21 ("Radio Free Radio Free Sawatdee")

In summary, Hedda's research assistant Jane Marple took over the Hopper and changed the password from 'heddajobs' to one of her own making. Interpol have been investigating this act of cyber-terrorism, and Hedda's budgie, Monica, has had to enter a witness protection program. Read the real Blog for full details, and Hedda's latest adventures

Not so obvious

It wasn't worth saying twice!

Liked
    Visited the GayThailand.com website. Why I don't know since nothing much happens there. Message board has been down for weeks (not that it got much action), the Profiles section pales in comparison to the competition, the city listings need updating. Looks like the owner has lost interest. Anyway for what it's worth there are more photos of SheBangs in the Gallery section:

http://www.gaythailand.com/gallery2/mai ... =x409ebc36