Thread: Phayathai District Fun Places??

Liked

Phayathai District Fun Places??

Will be staying at

Karnmanee Palace Hotel

1 Pradiphat Road
    Phayathai District
    Bangkok 10400

Obviously I am quite clueless about the gay places so I need help... Any places around my area? Or how can I go to happening places from the hotel...?

A friend says my place is far from those places....is it true?

Help appreciated...
    :flower: :flower:

I Love You Too

Liked
    Is it far from Soi Thantawan...or the palace?
    I Love You Too

Liked

Re: why

Quote Originally Posted by gra45
    first of all why you chose to stay there ...you must of had reasons
    Friend having a meeting there...
    I Love You Too

Liked
    must be a boring place to be... so sad.
    I Love You Too

Re: Phayathai District Fun Places??

Quote Originally Posted by camperboy
    Or how can I go to happening places from the hotel...?
    See the BTS map - http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp# - get on at Phya Thai station, change at Siam, go to Sala Daeng - 15 minutes, tops. It may still be running when you go back to the hotel, otherwise taxis aren't that expensive. I used to live out there when I first came to Bangkok; I suspect a taxi would be under 100 baht

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Or how can I go to happening places from the hotel...?
    See the BTS map - http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp# - get on at Phya Thai station, change at Siam, go to Sala Daeng - 15 minutes, tops. It may still be running when you go back to the hotel, otherwise taxis aren't that expensive. I used to live out there when I first came to Bangkok; I suspect a taxi would be under 100 baht
    I assume this is to the gay district??

So worried if the taxis might rip me off...heheh
    I Love You Too

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by gra45
    must be a boring place to be... so sad.[/quot

basically i been BKK once so easy to get to places 1 of the regulars will help you as im new and learning The Karnmanee Palace located in the heart of bangkok's business, shopping and entertainment districts..... this is what i found about your hotel ...so it looks good.... you only 5 mins from skytrain which is the best way into gay area...... look at my post "where can i find a young man" it will help you

Bangkok International Airport 20 mins
    Train Station 20 mins
    Chatujak sunday market 10 mins
    BTS(Sky Train) 5 mins
    Central Plaza 15 mins
    World trade center 15 mins
    thank you... have read your post! but am still clueless... haha
    I Love You Too

I assume this is to the gay district??
    Yes
    So worried if the taxis might rip me off...heheh
    They are supposed to use their meters. Assuming you are with a boy, you can get him to insist if you are reluctant and the driver doesn't do so automatically

Liked

" ... Obviously I am quite clueless about the gay places so I need help... Any places around my area? Or how can I go to happening places from the hotel...?
    A friend says my place is far from those places....is it true?
    Help appreciated...
    :flower: :flower:
    The Karnmanee Hotel is located in Saphan Kwai, and the nearest Skytrain station to the Karnmannee is Saphan Kwai, not Phaya Thai (as Herr Homintern writes above). It's a decent, basic hotel with a reasonable price for Bangkok. It's has a rooftop pool, and offers the same same run of the mill buffet breakfast included in the price as so many other 'midde' hotels do ... very comparable to the Pinnacle Lumphini on most levels We've stayed there many times and can recommend it if you are looking for 'clean/basic' rather than luxury.

Saphan Kwai neighbourhood has lots of small gogo and host bars in some of the sois off Pradiphat Rd, but haven't been to any for some time. They are more laid back than the Silom/Suriwong places and are often favourites of Bangkok long-termers. The link above to DreadedNed maps will help you find the names ... though bars there change often and the maps on DN may be outdated in some cases.

Taxis in Bangkok will only rip you off if they refuse to use their meters. This happens more often at night, and is a fairly frequent attempt in Silom area. Always open the taxi passenger door first and ~ standing outside ~ tell the driver where you want to go, and that he uses the meter. If he says no to the meter thing, don't whine or complain, just say thanks-but-no-thanks and shut the door and try another taxi. You'll have no trouble getting one a few minutes later.

I wonder why gra45 is offering advice on such things as he has already posted an incredibly naive thread along the same line (" ... what is a telephone bar ... ?") and has been to Bangkok once.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand