Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry service

Liked

Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry service

Not really a gay topic per se but does anyone know of a ferry service between Pattaya and Hua Hin ... the owner of Luxor restaurant swears it exists but can't remember the details. I vaguely remember reading something a while back but no idea if any such service still runs. Any ideas?

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

There used to be such a service shown on many tourist maps, but I'm doubtful whether it lasted long - if it ever ran at all. It will not be easy to obtain reliable info on this, including from this board. CURIOUS, who claims to live in Singapore, reported that there were still direct flights from there to Udon Thani, but these stopped long ago. Even doing a search will probably throw up a lot of outdated and/or unreliable info.

Liked
    Thanks for that one Fattman - suddenly for some unknown reason I feel MUCH younger! :compress:
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked
    Over the years there have been a number of attempts at making a Hua Hin/Pattaya ferry a going concern. None have succeeded.
    At this time the ferry idea is between failures ... perhaps waiting for an enterprising farang to not succeed, again.

I believe they have an annual Gulf Swim, if that interests you.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Thanks Smiles but s I can hardly paddle across the swimming pool ......

Liked
    Overheard at the start line of last year's Gulf Swim (Pattaya end): " ... Into the water now folks, chok dee and have a grand stroke ... hahahah just kidding! Make a beeline out to the end of the pier, then make a quick left at the first feces. And make sure you keep your mouth & nose tightly duct-taped for about 10K ... "

Cheers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Over the years there have been a number of attempts at making a Hua Hin/Pattaya ferry a going concern. None have succeeded.
    At this time the ferry idea is between failures ... perhaps waiting for an enterprising farang to not succeed, again.

I believe they have an annual Gulf Swim, if that interests you.

Cheers ...
    I don't know about ferry services Smiles, but I hope you are ensuring that the work being carried out in order for the new helli pad to be completed in time for my arrival next month, is still very much on schedule.

Cheers,

George.

Liked
    That would be the 'Fairy Service', I assume?

Cheers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    That would be the 'Fairy Service', I assume?

Cheers ...
    :iconbiggrin: Nice one Smiles, LMFAO. Whilst here, I think it only proper of me to say, that you assume correctly.

Cheers you bastard,

George.

Liked
    Thanks John - actually we have clients in Hua Hin, and the idea of a couple of hours on a ferry rather than 5 by car was an attractive alternative. Bruno at Luxor seemed to think some one had undertaken a ferry trip recently, but looks like that wasn't the case!

Thanks to everyone anyway!