Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Love of Siam trailer - english lyrics

Love of Siam trailer - english lyrics

I recall somebody here asking what the words of this song meant. some nerdy guy sings it in english here over the trailer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3kUqKM8dSM

[/youtube]

Re: Love of Siam trailer - english lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    I recall somebody here asking what the words of this song meant. some nerdy guy sings it in english here over the trailer.
    nope...this is not a direct english translation of original lyric, but a new lyric written by this ugly nerdy fat sissy novice singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    ... a new lyric written by this ugly nerdy fat sissy novice singer.
    Let me guess - you don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3kUqKM8dSM

[/youtube]
    Thanks a lot Oogs, you know how sensitive my ears are and how important they are to me in the work I do. Let me tell you that they are still bleeding and are showing no signs of stopping.

Cheers Oogs,

George.

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    ... a new lyric written by this ugly nerdy fat sissy novice singer.
    Let me guess - you don't like it?
    It? you mean "him"? unless you were referring to "it" as a pig.... or maybe the lyric.

But perhaps you do like "it". Go ahead and send the singer an email, his email address is on youtube, tell him/it how you feel.
    Your new found romance could be just one click away.

Liked

nope...this is not a direct english translation of original lyric, but a new lyric written by this ugly nerdy fat sissy novice singer.
    wow. who peed in your cornflakes? Now, I agree the singing is painful. But is it really necessary to refer to the singer as "this ugly nerdy fat sissy novice singer"? Is it really worth so much negative mental energy? At least the guy made an effort to put into English a song that means a lot to him and to those of us who love the film. He put it out there so I guess he has to accept the criticism. Where's your version?

At least he tried...

Well, he tried. The translation is pretty good -- what I could stand listening to, that is -- about 30 seconds. But it's only pretty good in conveying the literal meaning of the song, and it does not "sing" at all well. The same sorts of problems crop up when translating poetry: you not only have to get the sense right, but you have to try to create something resembling an English poem.

Perhaps that is why the guy could not find an actual SINGER to perform his translation, and had to "do it himself." But he clearly does not have a clue about real singing.

So, yes, he tried. Clap clap. But, he also failed. So sad, try again.

PS. Song lyrics often go through bending-transformations. That old Sinatra classic, "My Way," came from a French singer who wrote a song about her abusive husband and how he used to beat her up. :-0 Or so I have been told!

Liked

'Love of Siam' film clips with English subtitles

I haven't a clue how accurate the translation to English is on the following video, but for me it is a good 10 minute heartwarming summary of a main theme of the film. It is also in High Quality if viewed or downloaded directly from Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEmn3caSGvs[/youtube]

It seems that the standard quality video is not available, but if you click on the word "link" above, it takes you to the Youtube site where the high quality version is still viewable.

Those interested in getting the movie can look at the thread from Henry at:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15092.html

Incidentally, has anyone found a four hour version of the Director's cut as mentioned in the above thread?
    [color=blue][b][i]SANOOK - JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN[/i][/b][/color]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/ChrisUK/PattayaBayPanoramaSigSmall.jpg[/img]

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I still don't fully get why Pitch (I forget the name of the character) couldn't be boyfriends with Mario (also forgot his character's name) in the end?

Is it because Mario's family has lost so much that he really has a duty to find a girl and marry?

Pitch is cute as...

A baffling conclusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I still don't fully get why Pitch (I forget the name of the character) couldn't be boyfriends with Mario (also forgot his character's name) in the end?

Is it because Mario's family has lost so much that he really has a duty to find a girl and marry?

Pitch is cute as...
    Well, there IS no real reason, which is why everyone hates the ending. After all, the Mario character has come out to his mother and has been accepted by her as gay, the Peach character is obviously head-over-heels in love -- so they break up? Some of the current buzz says that a happy ending would have been unacceptable to (a) the Thai movie censors or (b) the Thai public.

So if you don't "get it," you're definitely not alone.

After all, if this movie wanted to be realistic about the opposition of Mario's family, the two guys would simply continue their affair in secret. THIS happens ALL THE TIME, believe you me! :-) As a matter of fact, I've heard it mentioned as a "standard Chinese solution:" --- nobody cares, do what you like, but don't you let Momma and Poppa find out! :-)