Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai Baht taking a Nose-Dive?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thai Baht taking a Nose-Dive?

I'm not sure how other currencies stand against the Thai baht right now, but I've been shocked (and pleased as hell) over the trend this past 3 months. The exchange rate, which seemed frozen at around 30 bt/$1 U.S. has skyrocketed to 34.4 bt/1 $ U.S. and continuing the decline (or, climb, which ever way you look at it) at a steady pace.

I guess the TAT reports of a 30% decline in tourism may be connected to this, who knows. But in any case, I'm thrilled as hell and standing on the side-lines hoping it will hit 46 bt/1 $ U.S. by October when I return.

Hey, White Desire, where are you?

Cheers

It won't hit the 46 mark by October. However, it will continue to decline for 2 reasons. First being the the political instability and the increasing COL will drive the Bhat dwonwards. Secondly, with the change-over of the Presidency in the US, the dollar will recover faster with new approach to the macro-micro economic policy changes and the war in Iraq seeing a deadline and the monet spent on the war being chanelled into development and job creation efforts. So, October may see the dollar fetching around 36-38 Bhat. Let us keep our hopes alive so we could have money's worth holidays.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekoolguy
    " ... the dollar will recover faster with new approach to the macro-micro economic policy changes and the war in Iraq seeing a deadline and the monet spent on the war being chanelled into development and job creation efforts ... "
    I'm sure Monet would be appalled that his name is being associated with this nasty war. I'm appalled, and I can't even draw stick figures.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked: 1

Re: Thai Baht taking a Nose-Dive?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    I'm not sure how other currencies stand against the Thai baht right now, but I've been shocked (and pleased as hell) over the trend this past 3 months. The exchange rate, which seemed frozen at around 30 bt/$1 U.S. has skyrocketed to 34.4 bt/1 $ U.S. and continuing the decline (or, climb, which ever way you look at it) at a steady pace.

I guess the TAT reports of a 30% decline in tourism may be connected to this, who knows. But in any case, I'm thrilled as hell and standing on the side-lines hoping it will hit 46 bt/1 $ U.S. by October when I return.

Cheers
    I don't think it has anything to do with the Bt. In fact the US$ has gained almost 9 % against all currencies over the last month or so.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by stevekoolguy
    " ... the dollar will recover faster with new approach to the macro-micro economic policy changes and the war in Iraq seeing a deadline and the monet spent on the war being chanelled into development and job creation efforts ... "
    I'm sure Monet would be appalled that his name is being associated with this nasty war. I'm appalled, and I can't even draw stick figures.

Cheers ...
    I was chatting with Claude Monet this morning on my Ouija board and he wants me to tell you that he's the one that painted the Waterlillies and his mate L.S.Lowry was the guy who did the stick figures.

Chairs ...

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Stevecoolguy Wrote:

It won't hit the 46 mark by October.It won't hit the 46 mark by October.
    Sorry Steve, I meant to say 36 - not 46. My God, if it hit 46 I'd be buying baht instead of boys this hioliday.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    Cheers
    Im here, they (Thailand) predicted that the bht to the dollar would reach around 35 to the dollar anyway, so it looks as if their predictions are coming true. I don't believe in long term predictions, but let's see what happens when the next US administration takes effect, whether Obama or McCain, you won't see much change in anything if Obama gets in, then I think the dollar will strengthen.

The UK pound is lousy at the moment but the Euro standing high even though both are on the brink of recession.

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    ....I don't think it has anything to do with the Bt. In fact the US$ has gained almost 9 % against all currencies over the last month or so.
    I second that. The dollar has been oversold and is correcting.
    Don't know what its been doing vis a vis the Euro or other currencies.

I'm guessing it will hold around 36 to the dollar unless things really blow up politically.

BTW, at 34 that's already a 15% decline from its high of 29.5

┬г is worth 61.50.
    The ┬г has nose dived, as it's weak at the present..(thanks to Darling & Brown), 2 months ago, it was hitting 66.