Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HMK the world's richest royal

Liked: 1

HMK the world's richest royal

Forbes Magazine has just anointed HMK the world's richest royal, with $35 billion net worth.
    http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/08/ ... intro.html

An analysis of HMK's 'sufficiency economy' theory by Australian academic Andrew Walker seems timely in this regard:
    http://prachatai.com/english/news.php?id=746

HMK's wealth and economic theories may have crossword fans thinking of a nine letter word starting with H-Y-P-O-C _ _ _ _.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Wow... no wonder there are so many of these "royal projects" all over Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Wow... no wonder there are so many of these "royal projects" all over Thailand.
    Indeed ... Central World Plaza, MBK, Siam Center, Siam Paragon ....

"Thailand's Royal Wealth - How ThailandтАЩs Royals Manage to Own All the Good Stuff"
    http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=32

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm
    How ThailandтАЩs Royals Manage to Own All the Good Stuff"
    Better him than than someone else. Envy saturates the ether here I am sure.

Re: HMK the world's richest royal

Forbes Magazine has just anointed HMK the world's richest royal, with $35 billion net worth.
    Wow... I bet that banned book has to be taken with a grain of salt :clown:
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponbkk
    How ThailandтАЩs Royals Manage to Own All the Good Stuff"
    Better him than than someone else. Envy saturates the ether here I am sure.
    Envy. One of the Deadly Sins, as I recall.

Bill Gates is worth many billions. So is His Majesty King Bhumipol The Great. As the years go by, it becomes more and more difficult to deny the obvious fact that His Majesty is the most effective leader in all of SE Asia.

The real envy of the King is coming from other politicians, most likely including Toxin, who evidently failed The Royal Question:

"What have you sacrificed?"

Toxin must be doubly or triply mortified, to be revealed as both poorer than the King, and more corrupt. If I were Toxin, I would not like to see The Man In The Glass every morning.

ESPECIALLY since his favorite musician is Elvis Presley!

Yes, HM the King is fabulously wealthy. Never met a monarch who wasn't. YET...have you ever seen a story linking him to conspicuous consumption? To wasting the country's wealth on himself? Do you see him driving a Maserati down to the Paragon to drop a few million baht on baubles, like Toxin and his disgusting ilk? In complete fairness, you do not even hear or see such things about the extended royal family. The Queen does not drip in Prada (prim Thai silks suits are her thing) or fly off to Paris in a private jet for a multimillion dollar shopping spree (like the wives of King Mswati of Swaziland were recently condemned for you). After all is said and done, they are not a particular squandering brood, certainly not like those ingrates in Brunei or Saudi, or any number of the jet-setting European royals. One would hope that they are building wealth for the good of the country, rather than for lavishing on their personal lifestyles.

Of course, when it is the next generation's turn to control the purse strings, all bets are off.

I guess we'd all like just one fairy tale to be true. If only it was.

Re: HMK the world's richest royal

HMK's wealth and economic theories may have crossword fans thinking of a nine letter word starting with H-Y-P-O-C _ _ _ _.
    That theory is just another form of the North Korean one called "juche"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponbkk
    Better him than than someone else
    Why? Kleptomania is more acceptable if the person is a royal?

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Chao Na
    In complete fairness, you do not even hear or see such things about the extended royal family. The Queen does not drip in Prada (prim Thai silks suits are her thing),,,,,,,,,,. After all is said and done, they are not a particular squandering brood,
    Her Thai silk suits are all made in Paris at the house of Balenciaga and as far as squandering,,, well certain members have been known to pop into certain stores for a few items which are never ever paid for. You'd be quite surprised at what goes on, obviously the full details can't be written here