Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginner's question about massages - BKK

Beginner's question about massages - BKK

Hi all,

sorry to be such a "newbie"

I will visit Thailand again in September and plan to go to one of those "Men for Men" Massage places in BKK like Body Club, Hero and others.

I have never been to such a place so I have many questions.

0.) Which places can you recommend? I am looking for mostly "straight-looking" boys.

1.) Is there any actual massage involved in this? Or is it more like I choose a boy and then we'll shower together and do ... whatever?

2.) Do the boys generally even like to have sex with customers? Or is it just if they get a big tip? Which brings me to

3.) How much is a "normal" tip? If the massage is anything between 500-1000 Baht, how much should I tip extra? 1000?

Thanks for the answers,
    Tiuri

Liked
    Take at look at this thread on CFS, now at 85 posts. You will notice that there's not a lot of agreement but gives you an idea.
    LINK CFS

Then go to Dreaded ned's list: LINK DN

In my opinion it's not the place as much as your luck on who you pick.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I like going where there will be a bit of mystery on whether the boy will play... but where I know I'll get a great massage.

Getting a crap massage where the boy has no skill and is really just there to screw is a real turnoff for me... though others may prefer this.

I visited Adonis... the massage was ok, not fully professional... but eventually it was mainly sex.

I was quite shocked initially... when I arrived, there were literally around 30-40 boys (at least) who lept to their feet and stood around me in a big semi-circle smiling to be chosen... I am shy and was very embarressed! lol

Liked
    At Albury and Hero (might me more?) the boys don't do that. They are behind glass at Hero. These places cater to the local customers more Thai than Farang but you and your wallet are quite welcome. Some of the boys don't speak English.
    E Dok Tong

Liked: 1
    Hero also has a sign in English that reads minimum tip for massage boy is 1000 baht. That, of course, is in addition to the cost of the massage, which is 600 baht. I do like that place though, because the boys DO NOT look at you. They work out behind the glass, while you sip your drink watching and choosing someone. You don't feel the pressure to choose somebody on the spot. You can take your time in making your selection. Most customers are Thai, but I never have any problem at all. I feel right at home every time I go.

Most customers are Thai?

I'm not so sure that most customers at Albury and Hero are Thai. My impression is that the Asian tourists probably outnumber the Thais. I've had not a few masseurs who now speak some Chinese, a relatively new phenomenon.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by painai2
    You don't feel the pressure to choose somebody on the spot. You can take your time in making your selection.
    Just don't let them pressure you. Tell who ever is doing the pressure tell them you want to sit down, have a drink and take your time. If they don't go along, walk. There are 5 massage venues all within walking distance from the Suk 11/Nana area.

Most now have a min. tip standard posted somewhere.

Hero for me is just to busy. Sometimes you have to wait for a room and I have found the boys in a hurry to finish. The experience is by the numbers and not very erotic. Then again if your lucky and pick the right boy it can work out fine.

That little restaurant next to Hero is not bad. Also, in the AM cafe, Ambassador Hotel, there's a nice international buffet lunch.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    From my experience Hero is the best in Bangkok by the widest possible margin.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

info

Many of us farangs were in the same category as you "newbie" trying out gay massages somewhere in LOS. In Bkk, most of them are clean and well run. The ones that I know are decent are:Adonis Massage, Hero, Senso Massage, and Arena --all in the Silom area. You basically walk in, and the "host" will sit you down and do small talk with you and show you the choices of massages which are 1-2 hours long. Though the guy you pick may excite you to think you could do a two hour massage with him, it is best to sign up for one hour and if things are going your way, then just add another hour (just in case it he's a dud.). The places I mentioned have a variety of fellows "butch"; skinny; athletic...I think the time to go is before 6pm before the selection thins out. The "host" may ask you what you are looking for...."top" "bottom' and other details. It is embarassing to be asked this but in this business they want to make sure you are not disappointed. If the host showing you the kind of oil massages and doesn't ask you "what you like", you can ask the host when you tell him which guy you want and just joke..."Is he good" (oh, yes..he is good) Then just ask," He gives happy ending" (oh, yes-very good). Then you can ask if the fellow is a top or bottom. Don't worry, this is a common question asked by clients,. Once you select the fellow who will be smiling his face off, he'll come and sit next to you. If it is important that he speaks English to you or has a certain personality/ attitude, then talk to him for a couple minutes and if the "vibes" aren't good, then tell the "host" you want to choose someone else (just make up an excuse). The saunas I mentioned have private showers which are better since you don't have to leave your clothes in the massage room while you are showering off. In the beginning you will get a decent massage, then the last 15 minutes, the movement of the hands can/will get in the areas to see if you want more. Some clients can't wait and let the fellow know that they really aren't interested in a massage. If you are new to this, any kind of massage will feel good to you but if you get a massage once a week from a professional in your country, then you may find the technique not as professional...but I am sure you are looking for an exotic massage. These guys know which "zones"to hit on your body to get you going. Note: When you are exploring BKK and find yourself with someone, be sure to leave your credit cards, and ATM cards in the hotel. Just walk around with about 3000-4000 baht. If you have someone in your hotel, do the same and be sure to "hide" your wallet and other items just incase you fall asleep and your visitor leaves quietly. I have never had any problems but there have been a few visitors ripped off. Once you make your first visit to a massage parlor, you'll be surprised how friendly the staff is and want to go back.

Liked

Re: info

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    The ones that I know are decent are:Adonis Massage, Hero, Senso Massage, and Arena --all in the Silom area.
    Hero is at the end of Soi 11 Sukhumvit not the Silom area. Senso has to take the first place for decor. I have not checked prices recently but you pay a little more for the upscale rooms.

In the Silom area there are now three on soi Twilight and one just around the corner on Rama 4, K Why, newly refurbished. Very mixed reviews. There's one on Suriwong just before the entrance to Twilight from Rama 4 and every time I pass it some boy says massage-body-to-body.

On Silom itself there are many, not set up like Hero et al but sometimes there are real good looking guys sitting outside but beware some are plants to draw in customers. These are not sex massage places but most are happy endings and some more if your lucky. You don't always get to pick a guy at these places but can pick the man or lady. Some punters seem to prefer these less sex oriented get nude from the get go places and often the massage skills are better. I guess it's the excitement of getting some sex from a place not really set up for it too.

DN Map of Suk.
    E Dok Tong