List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Losing members since the 'Blocking' . . . ?

Liked

Losing members since the 'Blocking' . . . ?

Wowpow, Homintern, 'others' (?), where are you?

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

But let me tell you something, . . .

. . . . you are quite wrong. I have not used the IGNORE feature for some time, and never on you.
    And as far as McSydney is concerned, he makes me smile more than cry these days, so he's back in the good books.

Call me Yellow Mellow.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    I see that the Coloner (homitern) has been constantly editing his blog. So, he is accessing this website from somewhere.

elephantspike
    I really don't think this block is preventing anyone from accessing this site who wants to, especially cyber-savy guys like Homintern.

The overall "who is online" stats have gone up in the last couple of weeks, although the ratio of "guests" to "members" is higher than usual. I don't know if this is because some members percieve staying logged-out as a security measure, or because the proxies hide logged-in members from showing, or because staying logged-out makes the pages load faster for people who are being slowed down by having to go through proxies.

Maybe it is an upsurge in actual newbies. If you click on the title of the "who is online" box, it shows who is viewing what forum and what thread at the moment. Normally, most of the "guests" either log-on as members soon or click-off the site before getting past the forum index, presumably having stumbled across a link to us somewhere and, upon inspection, decide it is not what they are looking for. What I am seeing the last couple of weeks is 15-25 guests at any given time online, most of whom are clicking deep into the content. A lot of these "guests" seem to be particularly interested in the archives.

Then again, these "guests" could be search-engine bots, in which case we are about to have thousands of pages listed in Google et al, which would certainly result in an explosion of real "guests" eventually.

If anyone has any questions or issues about how to access this site from within Thailand, please read the "Wars of the Censored" article from the Bangkok Post that I copied and pasted to the top of this forum. It contains instructions for block-proof methods of evading the block. I have linked to one of the pay-per-download software options they mention in that article in my signature. That url may get blocked, but as they say in that article, one just needs to Google for "Hide IP"+"download". There are new affiliate pages opening daily that sell this software, and Google constantly updates it's results, so you should always be able to find an unblocked page that sells the download/lists the latest proxies.

I find it encouraging that this information comes from none other than the Bangkok Post. They cannot very well block the Bangkok Post, or else every news agency in the world (not to mention international human rights groups) would make it a huge issue.

I think Homintern is safe, unless the city council of Rancho Cordova decides to wage a war on cyberfilth.

Cyberfilth

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    I think Homintern is safe, unless the city council of Rancho Cordova decides to wage a war on cyberfilth.
    Not Rancho Cordova this week, but the US Patent Office - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=205

Liked

Boxer gone now too?

I just tried to access Boxers Travels site and it appears to now be gone. Just a glitch or more censorship? I was really looking forward to my first visit to Thailand. But if the repressive regimes are still in charge... Good luck you guys! The US administration sucks, but at least we're not getting censored like this yet.

elephantspike
    I am also in the USA and am also unable to access boxertravels.com. If the site were blocked in Thailand, that wouldn't effect anyone outside of Thailand. Boxer is located in Thailand, so I'm guessing that maybe he took it down for some reason.

Boxertravels is alive !

I just log in on boxertravels and there is no problem. Boxertravels is a live, in Belgium.

http://www.boxertravels.com/

This link is working ! I just did try it !

loosing members

Monty and others in Thailand can not post on sawatdee anymore, some off them still read sawatdee, white a Little help from the friends and even postings can possible if some help from the friends. Postings inside Thailand are possible if they send in a private male to a friend outside Thailand and he post it in there name.