Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: krazy Dragon ?

Liked

krazy Dragon ?

Do you think Go Go bars should charge less for soft drinks and water,than alcohol ?.

Some one once said the customer is always right, Correct if you only ever want one customer.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Partly agreed however the cost of providing the drink the overheads
    (i.e. rent taxes wages BIB etc etc)
    are the same for every seat and these must be reflected in the charge for each drink served.

Liked
    a very timely thread ... no doubt next Tuesday many bars will be open but not selling alcohol. Last time I ventured out on an alcohol free day I was charged B150 for a glass - not even a can - of diet coke! My wallet still winces at the thought!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    Last time I ventured out on an alcohol free day I was charged B150 for a glass - not even a can - of diet coke!
    Come on, dear. It wasn't the Coke that cost 150 baht. It was the opportunity to enjoy someone else's air conditioning for hours while watching a parade of near-naked Thai boys that cost 150 baht. Doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me. Of course, if you wanted a cheap Coke, you could have gotten one from the nearest 7-11 for 13 baht. Right?

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    MARK, since you asked...
    I can tell you I will order several drinks for myself and be a sport with the boys and buy one or more of them drinks as well, if the drinks
    are priced reasonably..
    Each of us has a different idea of what is reasonable but most of us resent paying 140B or 150B. for a glass of flat Coke but I will buy several
    boys drinks if they are priced around 100B. It ends up costing me more in the end but I don't feel cheated or penny pinched.
    Krazy Dragon is the best value in Sunee and one never needs to worry if the boy has reached puberty yet.

If you make the water or soda too cheap then the place will fill up with the cheapos who sit on their hands when a tip is appropriate and
    hog up a big table for hours as they nurse their water.

Pitchers of beer might be a novel idea and encourage the punters but be careful of going too cheap or the dregs will make your bar their
    new home.. Check out the 2 for 1 places and try to see what bargain prices attract. Of course, a gross generalization but mostly just
    my fear that the flotsam and jetsam will gather around KD if it becomes bargain watering-hole for the sad sacks to nurse their beers/drinks until the lites go out.. :cat:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Drink prices

Every club has overhead, but I have to agree that it seems silly for a bar coke to cost as much as an alcoholic drink. It seems to me there must be some way of making things a little more even.

If there is some sort of show it justifies the cost, but it's difficult to classify guys essentially just standing around as a "show," and that's what most say of the clubs in forum posts here.

Maybe charge a bit more for the host drinks, maybe raise the price the half hour before a scheduled show, I don't know. I don't have a real solution, but I do find myself less than happy with the soda/water prices sometimes.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

no brainer

Some bars don't get it though... If they charged a bit less than 150 baht for one drink, they would get more customers. And most likely after ONE drink, the customer orders another... and maybe another. Most of the alcoholic drinks I get in Pattaya are mostly watered down. (Panorama is ok)

:cheers: I'm still surprised how DJ Station charges 200 baht to enter (on weekends) and that entitles you to two drinks...AND the drinks are not water down. The bartenders are very generous with the alcohol. DJ's is not charging 150 baht or 180 baht for one drink but they make the big profit off volume.

Liked
    It seems reasonable that the difference in wholesale prices should be reflected in bar prices.

it's also reasonable that when you order a beer you get a bottle, when your order a coke you should get a can, not just a glass of ice with coke to top it up. Unless the pricing reflects the fact. On this basis a coke should be 15Bht to 20Bht cheaper than a beer. The bar makes same mark up what ever you drink. And you might actually sell more......
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Liked
    I paid 150 Baht for water in a go go bar in Boyztown , they closed in 5 minutes , I borrowed the toilet and was thirsty so I asked for water. 5 minutes and 150 baht. No boys too look at , I was angry and I said I wont pay . mamasan said ok I call the police. So I paid and never been there since.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: krazy Dragon ?

Quote Originally Posted by MARK
    Do you think Go Go bars should charge less for soft drinks and water,than alcohol ?.
    I made this argment at Annabels in London once and never got anywhere. In fact I say it at every club in the world. No-one takes notice.
    my advice-always try and get someone else to pick up the tab.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.