Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Any comments on the ROOM-CLUB HOTEL in Jomtien ... ?

Liked

Any comments on the ROOM-CLUB HOTEL in Jomtien ... ?

... preferably by those who have at least stepped past the front door for some reason. (But if not, knock yourselves out anyway).

Website photos ( http://www.room-club.com/Rooms/Standard-Suites.htm ) make the place look quite inviting. Prices seem on the high side, but reasonable for a few days of treating His Majesty (temporarily :blackeye: ) in the hifalutin lifestyle he deserves: (1700 ~ 3500 baht Low Season)

~ Like the fact of being right along the Dongtan Beach front ... sipping Lime Margahitas on the balcony watching the boys go by.
    ~ Like the use of outdoor shower things for a bit of flash-Mr-Business foolishness.
    ~ Like the possibility of great sunsets with different colours shimmering through various layers of BKK-blown smog.
    ~ Like being able to employ binoculors for a bit of O-Henry Bar watching at the lapping intersection of water and sand (yep, one is THAT CLOSE!).

All things positive in theory, just would appreciate other folk's reviews ... good, bad, or indifferent.

The outdoor shower patio at Room-Club:

Loved this captioned picture from the website: :cheers:

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    By the photo (syle of the balcony rails and location of the public john down below), by any chance is that the place immediately south (shares a common wall with) Tui's place? That's my guess.

By the way, Smiles, other than walking the stairs, you would like Tui's so long as you got a beach-side room. I've stayed there about 4 times and really liked the place (dead - and I mean fully dead - quiet at night, great staff, friendly, excellent location to the gay beach area, etc.). Only negative (for some, not me or you) is it's a short hike down to the Jomtien corner to catch a baht bus to town.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Looks great

Smiles, it looks pretty interesting but steep for what they're offering. Granted, the location couldn't be better but there's no pool. In other parts of Jomtiem and Pattaya there are the larger hotels with fantastic rooms and balconies and a pool.

Perhaps just ring/email and offer 2000 baht for deluxe. Better to have someone in the deluxe suite than no-one. Cheeky or sensible? I know which you are.

Cheers
    krobbie

Liked
    Both the Room Club and Tui's share the same building. I believe the building is part of the Jomtien Grand Condotel and Village and may have access to their pools. If a pool is important ask at Tui's. Tui's is much cheaper than the Avalon for both food and lodging. The Avalon has an electric cart to take guests to the main highway.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

walking...

If a visitor to Pattaya isn't able to walk from Tui's to the corner to catch a baht bus, they will most likely find Pattaya a "walking" challenge since many gay areas are in different sections and require a bit of walking (and taking the "obstacle challenge" of blocked pathways, zooming motor bikes, sleeping dogs, and drainage holes. )

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Great lunch

At Tui's they do a great lunch. You can just sit and watch the goings on at the beach at the same time.

A review of Room Club

I just stayed there last month and was meaning to write a review some time but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm going to do this on the fly right now so forgive me for my extemprania.

It's a small hotel owned by a Dutch fellow and his Ladyboy wife (who is now a full "Lady") and thus is a GAY hotel, and not just "gay friendly". The manager/bartender/waiter/major domo is "Leng" who is the fellow pictured on the website and is the contact for booking. Very friendly and VERY competent.
    The hotel has 4 floors. The first is the bar/sitting/office area that you can see from the beach. The second and 3rd floors have 2 rooms each - a Delux room with the outdoor shower and view of the beach and the back room with no balcony. The 4th floor has a suite which runs the length of the building. The roof has a large lounge area, but I never used it (hotter than bejeezus during the day).
    We stayed in the delux room with the balcony and outdoor shower/bath. There are roll down bamboo screens so you can have privacy from the beach when using the bath. One of the reasons I chose this hotel is a bath is a huge luxury and great fun for boyfriend and he used it every night we were there. And I have to say it does make for a romantic evening with your honey :hug:
    Free wireless internet and free big breakfast included (eggs, toast, lotz of bacon, fruit and coffee). Taxes included in the quoted price.

There are only a couple of possible minuses. (These things did not bother me but they might some others.)
    The doors are only open from 8 am to 6 pm. They do have a night guard who never sleeps to let you in and out but there is no other staff avaliable after 6 pm.
    The kitchen basically only does breakfast. They do call out to another restarant if you want lunch but there is no room service esp at night.
    The balcony area, being exposed to the sea air, is getting a bit grundgy, esp the roll down blinds.
    Since there are only 2 delux rooms it can be difficult to book. We almost had a problem but were saved by a last minute cancellation. And this was in June!

Pluses.
    Romantic bath and balcony,
    Being able to step out of the door and onto the beach.
    Gay accomodations. (With a ladyboy in tow it means a lot not to have fat Farang women looking down their noses at you all the time).

Bottom line: I would definitely stay there again.
    But to be honest, I'm not a big Pattaya fan. I only make it there once a year for 2 or 3 days mostly just to catch up with old friends. I'm looking for a quiet place on the beach to relax before going home. I'm not a butterfly looking to take out a boy every night. In the past I would go to Rabbit Resort but they have pretty much put themselves out of my price range. Ditto Avalon. And besides, like I said, there is a difference between a Gay hotel and a gay friendly hotel. Where one would "die" to have you, the other only "deigns" to have you. There is a difference.

Also note. For 2 or 3 days this place is in my blue-collar price range as an end of trip splurge. If I was staying in Pattaya for any length of time I would look into Two Faces. I had a friend who was staying there who showed me the room and I was impressed.

Liked
    Do they have a lift? For 2500-3500 baht/night would prefer sheraton or dusit resort and for 4000 baht would take the garden pavillion in sheraton. Roomclub no has value for money for me.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Liked
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Re: Any comments on the ROOM-CLUB HOTEL in Jomtien ... ?

Just a friendly update.. The Room-Club is gone. In it's place is the Room Terrace.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    These are the good'ol days

11. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (April 30th, 2016)