Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bars closed?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

bars closed?

So, all bars...clubs... are closed Thurs. and Fri night,correct? (It's not even an election this time!!!)

In sunnee vast majority are closed for 2 days though Forrest house is only closing one day. I hear maybe Boyztown are not closing?

Re: bars closed?

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    So, all bars...clubs... are closed Thurs. and Fri night,correct? (It's not even an election this time!!!)
    According to our newest member, Dek Wat, Thailand has nothing to learn from Western culture - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15147.html

Re: bars closed?

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    So, all bars...clubs... are closed Thurs. and Fri night,correct?
    Incorrect.

I've just finished with a waiter who works in Silom Soi 4 and he's working both nights.
    It's NO ALCOHOL but the bars are open for food and soft drinks. Only the gogo bars and discos that are closed - the pubs & restaurants are open.

Liked
    Well it was no fun in Bangkok last night , no beers in the beer bars when you want to just relax on a Thursday night, one of the waiters at Balcony told me he had whiskey in his room , yeah a drink that would have cost me 1000 Baht, no thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

crowded

(Pattaya) I noticed that Pattaya is quite busy this weekend with the Bangkok folks since many of them have a 4 day weekend. Too bad all the nite entertainment venues (meaning bars) have to close up. (but it gives these workers some time off)

Quote Originally Posted by yedo111
    Well it was no fun in Bangkok last night , no beers in the beer bars when you want to just relax on a Thursday night, one of the waiters at Balcony told me he had whiskey in his room , yeah a drink that would have cost me 1000 Baht, no thanks.
    only for the whiskey?, or else it might have been a great deal :colors: I am quite sure he made fun with you, the waiters at Balcony are not allowed to run from duty.

Liked
    I went out last night at 2300 looking for something to eat and walked through Patpong. Most of it was closed but some just shut off the lights and was serving drinks with the usual ladies in the usual dress. All the street light were out. I noticed several farangs looking bewildered. One asked me what happen?

We finally found something open, Sip Restaurant, on Suriwong directly across from soi Twilight, all closed, and the street lights off. We sat in the window and must have seen a dozen or so uninformed farangs arrive in taxis, look down the dark soi Twilight and then leave.

I would have though the bar boys would have hung out in the streets and piked up the clueless farangs but they seem to have taken the night off as well.

It seems that many have indeed left for the long weekend. We went to the performance of 'We Will Rock' and the theater was only at 60% occupancy and I was told that most of the proceeding nights were sell outs.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by hansiThe2
    ... the waiters at Balcony are not allowed to run from duty.
    They're reserved for Stuart and Simon, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by hansiThe2
    ... the waiters at Balcony are not allowed to run from duty.
    They're reserved for Stuart and Simon, aren't they?
    Oh no, not the one I know :blackeye: