Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Thai Airline Prices from London

New Thai Airline Prices from London

I noticed today, I knew, as discussed previously, that price hikes were going to be high, that the taxes and fees on a Thai flight, specifically, London-BKK-London is around ┬г308 on top of the flight price, in some cases (I don't know why), it is ┬г317 - previously to this it was around ┬г203. A typical flight now costs over ┬г100 more. Other airlines' taxes and fees are no where near that type of figure, not sure if the plan is to increase them also.

the arab airlines will undercut them and they will be forced to drop prices or drop the routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    the arab airlines will undercut them and they will be forced to drop prices or drop the routes.
    Absolutely Oogs and without any doubt whatsoever.

George.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

NOT

Not on my back Fattman. It only costs me $NZ1460.00 for my flight in August. I note that since I booked it has gone up to $NZ1599. Royal Brunei also fly to Bangkok with an hour on the ground in Brunei but that only costs $NZ1299 currently. I am flying them at Christmas to BKK. These prices include all taxes.

:cheers:
    krobbie

Liked
    who can tell me how airlines/travel agents work?

one minute theres a deal on & other websites follow the trend, then when prices go up again, they all seem to follow,,,,,,,,,,,,
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Its simple really. Airlines provide agents with time limited offers, and some times its a limited number of seats. When it expires, the price goes up. When seasons change, the prices goes up (and sometimes down). What a season is varies between airlines. When airlines raise their prices, the wholsale rates offered to consolidators also rise. For those that don't know what a consolidator is - an airline appointed agent who sells at wholesale rates to other agents at rates lower than the official airline rate.

I have noticed that on sites such as Ebookers/Expedia etc that if you book flights at the weekend (Fri-Mon) you are often quoted a higher fare than if you book from Tues - Thurs.

I'm not saying it happens on every occassion but i have noticed it several times when I have checked a price say on Wednesday, went back to book on Saturday only to see it had gone up, waited till the following Tuesday and it was back down again.

There can be only one explanation for this - greed!
    They know most people are working during the week and plan their travel during weekends, so they hike the prices up and after the weekend is over they are back to what they were before.

:flower:

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy

There can be only one explanation for this - greed!

Uh...have you considered supply and demand, the cornerstone of capitalism? Or are you some kind of Commie?

Dont see how they can avoid upping the prices with the cost of fuel.

I'm not saying it happens on every occassion but i have noticed it several times when I have checked a price say on Wednesday, went back to book on Saturday only to see it had gone up, waited till the following Tuesday and it was back down again.
    I've noticed this phenomenon within minutes on Expedia, but I've never tested the weekend theory. My explanation of minute by minute fluctuations has to do with the way databases lock records during enquiries. Where there are very few seats at a particular price the explanation would be sound. I guess a similar scenario could occur when people are holding a request that will expire within a couple of days if a booking is not confirmed.

This morning, I went looking for my Christmas period tickets. It looks like I may revert to Economy Class travel! Or go skiing in some cheap joint like Zermat or Tremblant instead.

Thai Airlines

is not appearing in some internet search engines when searching for flights - on certain dates and specific route (LondonBKKLondon), Thai is coming up as ┬г960 odd, as opposed to ┬г620 odd for Eva, because Thai is expensive Thai is not appearing in some search engines. They are going to lose a lot of business if they don't appear on search engines because they are expensive.