Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toxin gives exclusive interview to UK paper

Toxin gives exclusive interview to UK paper

"You must call me Doctor" Toxsins interview in full is here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ity-dream.html

I love the bit about how he did so much fighting a AIDS/HIV epidemic etc., etc.

Can't think of any other ex Thai Prime Minister who goes in fear of assassination. Even General Suchinda lives in great comfort in LOS and he set armed troops against his own people on the streets of Bangkok back in the early nineties!

Liked
    he may also be afraid of going to jail.

Call me "doctor". What an egomaniac!

DELETED

"You must call me Doctor"
    Only if he calls me Bwana

As far as I am aware, he is perfectly entitled to expect to be called Dr.

From Wiki........

He later went on to obtain a master's degree in criminal justice from Eastern Kentucky University in the United States, in 1975. In 1978 he received a doctorate in criminal justice at Sam Houston State University in Texas with a dissertation on "An Analysis of the Relationship Between the Criminal Justice Educational Process and the Attitude of the Student Toward the Rule of Law

Reporter probably asked Thaksin's people how best to address him: "Mr. Thaksin", "Khun Thaksin", "Pol. Capt. Thaksin", "Former PM Thaksin", "Dr. Thaksin" or other. "Dr. Thaksin" is clearly an appropriate choice.

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    As far as I am aware, he is perfectly entitled to expect to be called Dr.

From Wiki........

He later went on to obtain a master's degree in criminal justice from Eastern Kentucky University in the United States, in 1975. In 1978 he received a doctorate in criminal justice at Sam Houston State University in Texas with a dissertation on "An Analysis of the Relationship Between the Criminal Justice Educational Process and the Attitude of the Student Toward the Rule of Law
    I don't know about you, but where I come from people don't get higher degrees without having an undergraduate degree first. Of course some countries have institutions that accept anyone who can pay, and give away degrees like they come in boxes of Corn Flakes.

Since the Thaksin family's contribution to higher education includes two members accused of academic misconduct and one who tried to get into a prestigious degree course for which she was not qualified by the back door, I think I'd be keeping quiet about it if I were him.

Thaksin has an undergraduate degree. No university in the US would have accepted him for a master's or doctorate program if he didn't.

I don't know about you, but where I come from people don't get higher degrees without having an undergraduate degree first. Of course some countries have institutions that accept anyone who can pay, and give away degrees like they come in boxes of Corn Flakes.
    I'm inclined to agree, as with most things that Toxsin has been involved with if you dig deep enough the smell is certainly not that of roses! I also remember a few years ago that he put out that he had worked in a McDonnell's in the States to put himself through Uni. This of course proved false, and was proved.

It was KFC, not McDonalds, and I did not hear that it had been disproven.

Remember that at that age, he was just another guy -- not the super rich super-connected manipulator he is today.

I just looked it up. He graduated from the Police Cadet Academy, which of course is an undergraduate degree.