Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo, Taipei or HK?

Liked

Tokyo, Taipei or HK?

Hi All
    I'm planning a little side trip on my next trip to thailand (whernever that will be)

Have had great experiences in teh past with super looking guys from Tokyo, Taipei and HK?

So my question is which of these cities would you recommend for a visit?

I am looking purely for hookups and not really interested in (much( tourist stuff...

HK boys usually look the cutest (for me) and have the advantage of speaking English...

Japanese boys have that kiknky edge... but not sure how welcoming they are of Gaijin on the gay scene there?

American raised Taiwan friend of mine tells me taipei guys are boring when it comes to going out and partying... Anyone else got good experiences of Taipei?

If i manage to get the time off that i am going to applay for tomorrow i may even visit all 3 - and include a short stopover in Sydney!

Looking forward to your responses!

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked
    Colmx you slut!

Anyway, can't say much about Chinese guys (Taipei, Hong Kong). I think many Chinese guys are extraordinarily handsome (and also many not so) and they seriously turn my crank. But unfortunately no experience (of much note) in the past.

I have however had a very very hot, 2-year relationship with a young Japanese guy (in Vancouver, and before I ever hit Thailand's shores) which was probably the most sexually unrestrained relationship I've ever had.
    I really liked him, and he really liked me (always a big plus!), but in the long run he had other more important issues to take care of (him being in the spring of his life, me being only 7 or 8 years from retirement). But the man ('Shinji' by name) was a total cracker sex-wise, and I'll certainly never regret that fabulous yet short-lived affair. These are pleasant memories which Mr Pot need not be concerned with . . . but a part of my life nonetheless.

Bottom line: hook up with a hot Nippon man and never look back. But it ain't easy!

Cheers & good luck ...

Colmx, a lot of the Gay Tokyo websites are quite out of date. There's a guy's Blog here about Tokyo and gay spots (updated in July 2007, pretty recent) . . . includes a decent map of the largest Tokyo gay area ( http://sunbuns.blogspot.com/2007/06/cru ... tokyo.html ). Googling 'gay tokyo' receives a million hits.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

If you only want sex, Tokyo is your only choice from that three. Treat them like tissue paper and they'll do the same for you in a friendly and mutual way.

In all three scenes you're only going to get the potato queens and will be thought a nuisance, or worse, if you pursue those who are not interested.

Liked
    Yes Japanese guys are hot but the scene is frustrating as the venues are often difficult to find (No English). Highly recommend you hook up on line to have someone guide you around. Only a minority of bars are gaijin friendly. A lot of research is required if you are on your own

Liked
    Hi Guys
    Thanks for the info so far!

I'm not really a total slut.... But i do like to have fun when i'm out and about!

Approached my boss about 3 months off today... Waiting for him to open discussions with me about in now... Hoping BF will get new visa for Aug/sept to Ireland - so won't get travelling until Nov

Plan at the moment is:
    Bkk 3 02/11/2008
    Sydney 6 06/11/2008
    Tokyo 3 14/11/2008
    Beijing 0 17/11/2008
    Taipei 3 17/11/2008
    HongKong 3 20/11/2008

BJ is in for 0 days as i'm not sure if i want to go there or not!
    Then off to LOS for 2 months of fun and sun (and BF!)

24 Kaikan in Shinjuku looks interesting... how does it compare to Club17 in S'pore?
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    I'm not really a total slut....
    Don't worry, I've called a good friend (Khun Joe) of mine a slut for years and it's actually a term of endearment (and, perhaps, a little hidden jealousy). My guess is Khun Smile's intent was close to the same.

Liked
    Hope you can find 24 Kaikan in Shinjuku...because I could not!

Kaikan 24

If you book a room for 2 hours you have to leave the Sauna after 2 hours. Make sure you take the locker option.

Some say the Ueno branch is better.

Saunas run by a certain Yakusa enterprise, probably the biggest one, discriminate against non-Japanese. Some Oriental friends who go there, feign the inability to speak and if you don't look oriental forget it. There have always been about three bars that welcome non-orientals, "gaijin" , but my original guide Mishima's "Forbidden Colors" has been out of date since sometime in the 1970s.

During the 1980's, money boys were not very common in parts of the Tokyo Scene, that gaijin had access to. Since the crash of 1990 this is no longer true and you may be approached aggressively by street walking money boys. They state their high price up-front.

The Japanese are quite "westernised" with respect to age and wrinkles appeal to very few. Fetish play, however, includes business suits, ties (preferably Eton or Winchester; they study these things in great detail) as well as well rounded stomachs.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Don't rule out Taipei. I had a great time when working there ten years ago. Easy to find cute partners in the saunas and clubs.

Re: Kaikan 24

Quote Originally Posted by 555
    ties (preferably Eton or Winchester
    Winchester? What a strange choice ....