Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHUKET/PATONG ACCOM?

PHUKET/PATONG ACCOM?

Hello, Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Phuket for a few days?

I have searched a few places on the net and of course they all tell you what they want you to know!

Very important to me - bar/coffee shop WITH AIR CON, clean rooms WITH AIR CON, breakfast on the premises, and near the Paradise Centre, and NO JOINER FEE!

You see, I don't even ask for much!

Siam Palm hotel

Very reasonable room rates inclusive of breakfast. Excellent restaurant giving value for money attached to hotel. 5 minutes slow walk to Paradise complex. 3 minutes to beach.

http://www.siam-palm.com/index2.html

(BTW Club 17 (above) is quite a distance from Paradise!)

fuket accom

Connect in the Paradise complex is ok, but has very very steep and narrow stairs up to the rooms. They are one 150mm tile wide. The staff are professional, but not terribly friendly . I have also stayed at Aquirus GH a few years ago, the rooms are small but they have a sort of a sauna, and a pool to play in. The thai owned reasturant on the ground floor of the same building is exellent.Both these places are only a few meters away from one another, and i think are owned by the same ( swiss? )guys. no joiner fees apply to either. The bars in Paradise complex vary considerably, i found the further you get from say, connect, the worse they become> a value judgement by me and you will make up your own mind of course< Breakfast is provided by connect, i cant remember if aquirus does, but it probably will.All rooms are spotless in both places, soggy sheets and condoms removed every day. Connect has a coffe shop /bar which looks out over the busy soi, with a massage place across the road, a go go bar, and of course knuds bar. have a beer with Knud, he is a class act. have fun.

drfang

FHUKET sounds even more fun than Phuket!

Well, its a bloody long way from Glascow? to puket......so if you dont fuket , you have wasted your air fare,, ( ps, no temples in puket)

Quote Originally Posted by drfang
    Well, its a bloody long way from Glascow? to puket......so if you dont fuket , you have wasted your air fare,, ( ps, no temples in puket)
    WHAT, NO TEMPLES?

Damn, that's why I was coming to Phuket :-P

Forum's veteran
    Liked

hotel

Definately Club One Seven would have the best rooms and staff (it also has a small pool). But it is so far away from the beach and all the fun places at Paradise Center. True, you take a "taxi" (as they call it) to Paradise but it is a hassle. I stayed at Blue Dolphin once, it no longer has a sauna as advertised. It was ok. When I go back again, I'll stay at the Rendevous Hotel. It is a small gay hotel that is about 2 blocks from the bars... nice rooms and quiet.

Liked
    Already mentioned above, but I'd also have to say that the Rendezvous Hotel ( http://www.boontarika.com ) is your best bet in light of the criteria you mention in your first post.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Also can recommend the Rendezvous Hotel . Stayed several times there - friendly french owner.
    Sunee Plaza > There is no better place to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Already mentioned above, but I'd also have to say that the Rendezvous Hotel ( http://www.boontarika.com ) is your best bet in light of the criteria you mention in your first post.

Cheers ...
    I bet bluedolphin even better,

have a look at : http://www.bluedolphinphuket.com/

They have a new mail address : info@bluedolphinphuket.com