Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Personal Security of Credit Card & Cash

Liked

Personal Security of Credit Card & Cash

What do you guys do when you are in places like DJ station and you want to keep your cash, credit card and ID safe?

These are the good'ol days

zip it!

I know as a foreigner you are supposed to have id with you wherever you go, but I tend to only have id with me during the day, zip locked in my shoulder bag alongside my wallet and credit cards. In the evening I do not take id and have never had a problem getting into anywhere. My credit cards and id are usually locked in the bedroom safe/locker or locked in my suitcase. As for money, in the evening I tend to just carry what I think I need for the night in a zip pocket.

Liked
    Agree with Fatman, 'cepting I rarely wear pants with zippered pockets.

So the cash for the evening goes into the front pocket(s) ~ never the back. If the little bastards want to get into my front pockets they'll have to get past the ferocious naga snake which also lives close by! :blackeye:

If you're all about keeping to the law (I usually don't) you can carry a colour photocopy of the ID & visa pages of your passport. Takes up little room and does not cause nearly the angst time you'll spend if you lose your real passport.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Carrying Passport???

I have never carried my passport with me while out and about in Thailand.

Do any of you??

Liked
    In crowded dark places like freeman and DJ, I slip my wallet into my ankle sock. I also keep just what I need for the night and a little extra.

I know that the front pocket is a better place to carry a wallet, but I just do not like it there.

I was at a side walk market a few months ago in Bangkok, the one opposite ratchadaphisek MTR, and I noticed a lot of real dirty young street kids moving around on the sidewalk. One would block, stand right in front of you and wai for money. Another just out of sight would then come up from the rear and go for a rear pocket inspection as the front kid was tugging on my trousers from the front.

I turned around to see what's behind me, they both suddenly disappeared into thin air.

I moved my wallet to a front pocket and that was also probed. The only place I found out of reach, from these very small children, was my shirt pocket.

The vendors seem to ignore the gang of kids and I wondered if they were being paid off by some adult just out of sight and near-by directing the coordinated approaches.

Once on a train just outside of Prague, I saw an adult with several kids, the train made a station stop, the kids jumped on the end of the first class section and walked back through a few cars and then back off to the waiting adult. I guess they were looking for unattended luggage.
    E Dok Tong

I have found a thin wallet/money clip combo is the best way to carry cash and maybe one credit card in your FRONT pocket. I found this one at Sharper Image and it works great. slim enough to not bug you in your front pocket and has space for a copy of your Passport

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catal ... __KT135BLK

Liked: 1

Re: Carrying Passport???

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyRich
    I have never carried my passport with me while out and about in Thailand.

Do any of you??
    Same here, never carried my passport with me. only the day of arrival and the day of departure
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Whenever, I'm travelling, wherever, I use a "body safe". It hangs off the belt and tucks inside the trousers. It's big enough for the passport, several cards and two cash compartments. Even so, I don't carry my passport around alll the time and only as much cash as I need for a night out. It means going to the John just before calling for the bill, but I was gonna do that anyway. I don't think nice people flash wads of cash in front of those less lucky.

I use the same wallet as JakeNasty suggests and a separate money clip. All kept in front pockets. Wallet has credit cards, ATM card, health insurance cards and a couple of large denomination traveler's checks.

I don't carry passport when out and about, but do have a color copy of front id page plus my driver's license. Passport stays in room safe.

Never had a problem with this arrangement.

card from hotel

i always carry card with hotel name on it in case i am in accident or worse

friend goes to dj and other places with money clip which he attach to elastic top of jocks

but he only carry 3000 baht when he go out