Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Trip

Liked

My Trip

I have just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand and thought I'd give some general thoughts.

I visit at least twice a year for the past 8 years.

I arrived in BKK at 4pm and was dreading immigration because of reports of long lines. But the force was with me because my wait was exactly 2 minutes and my bag was waiting when I got to the designated area. Naturally the fastest arrival I ever had and I'm sure the time must not be a busy one. I checked into Centrepoint Silom Serviced apartments. I find them great value although not cheap. The apartments are just enormous and pool beautiful.

A short nap, shower etc and then I went to Soi Twilight for dinner at Dicks Cafe around 8pm. I find the Thai food there very good to my taste and reasonable. I started visiting the Bars about 9pm . It was a wednesday so drink prices were for the most part 250 baht. I thought overall the boys were better looking then 4 months before but still not up to the standards of a few years ago. I think Future boys and Dreamboys have gone downhill in the quality and found Boys Bangkok just awful. There were some cute boys in Hotmale but overall Fresh Beach and XBoys which are next to each other had the best variety and a few stunners . I was just in BKK for 3 nights and I offed boys from Fresh Beach the first night and XBoys the next two nights. I avoid the shows like the Plague so no reports on them.

Performance of 2 of the boys was adequate and #22 Mr OA from XBoys was quite good and the body was truly beautiful if you like a gymnast type with great Abs and Ass.

Overall I feel that BKK has become very expensive especially for a water drinker. If you call a boy over and buy him a drink at 3 clubs you have spent 2000 baht before you off anyone.

I also visited Arena for a massage one afternoon. The facilities there continue to deterioate but the massage was good and the Happy ending fun. I made a note to look for a new massage place on my return.

For those wondering about Jupiter , I have decided not to waste my time there anymore. I find the boys there arrogant and interested in doing as little as possible. They will get no more of my money.

After 3 nights in Bangkok it was off to Pattaya for 12 nights. I used Gemphon Limo as I have for years and they picked me up on time and delivered me to View Talay 5. This was my first time in this building and I rented from www.asian-escapes.com. 3 minute walk to the beach and a great pool. Studio suites are very comfortable and the soundproofing is good.

My overall impression this visit was a continued decline in the quality of boys. You have to visit a lot more bars to find what I would consider really handsome boys.

First Boystown and the adjoining Sois. I did not visit BBB or Throb and Splash because I have not had much luck there in finding my types in the past. I stopped at Funnyboys and found a fair selection of talent and the music at a low level. The nice thing is the drink prices are 110 baht to 130 baht and less at Beer Bars. A nice change from BKK

Wild West Boys had its usual large number of boys and most would find something to their taste. I believe there drink prices increase during the Show but I did not stay , having seen it in the past.

I found a number of good looking boys the first night in Club Dynamite but they just never looked as good on subsequent visits. Maybe it was the tuxedo costumes they had on the first night(lol)

Overall I was disappointed most nights in this area but did find a few to off during my stay with nothing memorable.

Now for Sunee and Day Night. If you are looking for Athletic or Muscle don't waste your time in Sunee. The boys here tend to be smaller and slimmer and some are feminine or of course ladyboys. What Sunee has is comfortable outside bars to visit with old friends, play pool etc and just watch the goings on. It is a very relaxing area and the prices are very reasonable.

When you tire of the conversations its time to visit the Bars. There is no doubt there are underage kids in most of the bars but not all. Just be sure you check ID's if you don't want to end up in the Monkey House. Some of the bars that were known for underage seem to have less then before and others that were known for being law abiding seem to have added more young ones.

I don't profess to have magic powers so I will admit to seeing some boys I was sure were underage only to find out they were 20-22 years old. Bottom line don't target a place for disdain because you are sure the boys were underage unless you checked the ID's

Many of the Bars purposely have the young ones and they will not have ID's. But any Bar is capable of having a 17 year old working for them with best intentions of complying with the Law.

I will make some individual comments on some of the Bars but don't assume I am making any assertions on the age of their boys. It is your job to protect yourself .

I found Jimmy Jimmy James clean,bright and well run with a good range of types. Same for Villa Rouge. I found the quality of boys at Krazy Dragon had plunged and what was always one of my favorites , hardly worth a stop. I did not visit Topman . I did visit most of the other GoGo bars and have decided not to comment one way or another.

My favorite bar in the area although not technically in Sunee was Happy Boys. It is a small 2 level bar that is well run with many cute boys who actually appear to be enjoying themselves.

I wouldnt swear to it but my impression was that the vast majority of boys were 18 or older and every ID I checked bore that out. I did off a couple of boys from here and was very pleased. All the drink prices are listed on the Wall and I just felt very comfortable that the owners were really trying to give a good Product.

There is a restaurant in this area Po Pot which offers good food and good prices. Not gourmet but certainly good value.

I did make it to the Birdcage one night. I was there early so not a fair test. They did a nice job with the renovations and i would expect there will be more boys in the future and hope they will have success.

On my Birthday I went with friends to the after hours club Body Language. Lots of eye candy in the audience and some very Hot Dancers that I am sure are offable. If you don't mind staying up until the wee hours of the morning, this is a fun place to go. Take your favorite boy and have him invite a few of his friends and then buy a bottle of whiskey and then you pay for set ups. It won't cost that much and the boys will love you for it. Sometimes its easy to forget that these boys can be wonderful human beings and just want to be treated nice.

I know I'm guilty of sometimes thinking of them as a piece of meat and they certainly don't deserve that.

If you really take the time to know them and just not sexually your vists will be enriched.

Headed back to BKK for 4 nights and still feel same way about Bars. Tried a new Massage place for me , Adonis Massage on Soi Convent in Silom. Nice place with clean rooms and good selection. I choose Mr Ton and was so pleased, had him come to Hotel next day. Good massage and versatile and very willing.

The pollution and traffic in BKK is bad but there is so much more to do then Pattaya. I think it is a nice balance to start and finish there.

Unfortunately immigration was 45 minutes leaving at 1030am but not as bad as people with late night flights who waited up to 90 minutes. Cannot understand why Thais have such a problem running an airport.

Oh well it's still a great place with wonderful people and when we get rid of idiot Bush and the Dollar recovers all will be great with the World.

Re: My Trip

Thank you firecat69. I like what you have to say and the way you have said it. I just wanted to tell you that.

A good read and the Pattaya bit especially quite accurate. I just finished a 30 day trip and still trying to write my report as concisely as you did lol.

then again i have the bike crashes, drug dealers, lady beating farang etc etc stories to add.

Criticism of bars and prices can be a good thing when written in a constructive way and are not seen as "attacks".

Thank you and well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by firecat69
    I visit at least twice a year for the past 8 years ... Cannot understand why Thais have such a problem running an airport
    After 16 visits? Most Thais would find it difficult to run a piss-up in a brewery - but if it's a Thai brewery would deny with their dying breath that any foreigner would know any better than them

Liked
    The thing about the soi Twilight bars is the drinks are 230/250 but that's for the sex show, but you said you don't like shows. The other thing is the shows are not consistent. If you want Pattaya prices you could have went over to the soi 6 bars, Solid, Nice Boys, Super A, Nature Boys, Golden Cock and Golden Flower, all various levels of sleze but now and then there's some nice boys in the mix.

I just came back from Soi Twilight, Dick's Cafe. The soi was quite dead tonight. There's a nice looking new restaurant that just opened between Hotmale and Boys Bangkok. I have not tried the food but looked at the menu which was quite extensive, reasonable prices, both Thai and Western food. Official opening this weekend. Time will tell if this is a good location for a restaurant.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by RawSugar
    I like what you have to say and the way you have said it.
    Touch├й RS. Thanks firecat, for a very fair and unbiased trip report.

George.

Liked
    An interesting and well written post. Informative to both those visiting and also for those living here.
    Have to be careful re one thing as it is mentioned about believing boys underage but being relieved to find an ID card saying different.
    Unfortunately the Thais are very cunning at using other people's ID cards, whether friend/relative or even having bogus cards.If you suspect someone is u/age then even with an ID card suggesting otherwise, there is still a risk.

Liked

Krazy Dragon & Jupiiter

My first trip to Krazy Dragon last month was a pain in the neck(literally) unless the boys squated down to expose their toys. And unless one was lying down on the seats, to view the boys standing on table-tops at close range would cause the neck to stretch backwards a tad too far, causing blurred vision. True, the boys were not attractive but they were friendly, and drinks were cheap that one boy on either side of you would make everyone happy. :cheese:
    I found the shows at Jupiter to be less sleazy than some of her across-the-street neighbours. However the seatings were not very comfortable(the stools), and the aircond unit above the sofa seating area was leaking...drip,drip,drip. Most of the patrons were asian men, and some of the boys were good-looking and tall, one of whom gave me a good time. I had the impression that business was not good, as most of the boys were still on parade till very late. My guess is that some of the boys I offed felt insecure(about securing my business) until they enter the hotel room, since on several occasions when we were in the discos, the boys became cautious when other boys were showing interest in me. It was so easy to flirt with beautiful guys in the discos and outside! :flower:

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    The owner of Chang Beer made the Forbes list, and is Thailand's 2nd richest man, so I guess he organised his piss up pretty well.
    A piss-up is a party; running a brewery is an entirely different thing altogether

I used Gemphon Limo as I have for years and they picked me up on time and delivered me to View Talay 5. This was my first time in this building and I rented from www.asian-escapes.com.
    What are the differences between the View Talays? Are they easily accesible by bahtbus?