Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Timing of Songkran and Easter

Liked

Timing of Songkran and Easter

My friend currently in Pattaya was surprised that Songkran was not on. He thought that the timing was similar to easter,
    probably his trips in the past have included easter and Songkran

Easter is based I believe around the full moon How is the date for songran defined As it is a month later than Easter this year is it still related to the full moon?

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    Songkran is a fixed date
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

elephantspike
    Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox.

Songkran is around the same time, but I'm not sure exactly how the timing of this event is defined.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked
    Songkran seems to go on for ever in Pattaya. Should start from 19th - 21 but a lot of Thais will start on the 13th and go thru to the 21/22. I dont mind few days but getting a soaking for about 9 days aint too much fun. It dont help with a lot of Westerners who seem to go mad and just get pissed all day and chuck water and talc at all times into the evening. Still thats Songkran i suppose.
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Liked
    Songkran does last longer in Pattaya than anywhere else, however the last day is the 19th.