Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Australian Visa for Thai b/f

Australian Visa for Thai b/f

Has anyone who is not an Australian citizen taken their Thai b/f to Aus for a holiday? If so, how much did you declare about the relationship on his visa application?
    Any advice gratefully accepted.

Liked
    Glad you started this topic, as I am interested as well.

I recently (last week in fact) got back from 10 days in Adelaide visiting a pile of long lost relatives. Had an excellent time and Adelaide is an interesting and lovely city. The only drawback was 10 days of a sweltering 38-40C heatwave (the longest on record), but survived. But glad to get back to Thailand at 32C!

Suphot didn't go with me on this one, but I enjoyed it so much that I thought we might try getting a visa for him for maybe a 2-week holiday together there next year, or the year after.
    Getting a visa to visit Canada is quite difficult for him, but I was thinking that perhaps Australia ~ being on the fringes of SE Asia as it is ~ might be an easier slog.

Anyone got any first hand knowledge of the hurdles Oz puts up for Thais intent on visiting? (And yes ... I'll be Googling it).

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    I know an Australian that used to live down the street from me, he just moved to more upscale digs on the river. I can't even imagine how much the place cost but it's all in his BF's name. The BF also is the beneficiary to all his accounts and all the bank accounts are in both names. The BF does not have a job and when the old Aussie kicks, if he manages the money well he will never have to get a job. He has full medial insurance. Sorry, I don't have more details.

He tried twice to get a visit visa and was twice denied. Reasons given were insufficient proof of a reason to return to Thailand.
    E Dok Tong

Re: Australian Visa for Thai b/f

Quote Originally Posted by gwm4asian
    Has anyone who is not an Australian citizen taken their Thai b/f to Aus for a holiday? If so, how much did you declare about the relationship on his visa application?
    Any advice gratefully accepted.
    Over Christmas / New Year I visited Australia with b/f for a six week trip. This was he second time there as he also went with me to Dunk / Hamilton Islands the previous Christmas.

We declared the truth to all questions and gave 100% accurate information regarding the relationship and his employment. We have never encountered any problems ( except filling in a plethora of forms) and he has also visited the UK 6-7 times which may have been a point in his favour.

B/f has never done any work in bars his only employment has been office based so again that would have been in his favour. There is little point in lying on the application as if your b/f is found to have given any inaccurate information it will go against him in the future.

Liked
    The key thought of the Visa Officer is whether the applicant is likely to return to Thailand, Your strategy should be to emphasize all the reasons why. Yes Canada being your home country would be more difficult as the Officer will be more suspicious of Suphot staying.

I'm also looking to take the BF to Sydney next december. I notice from the Australian Thailand webpage, Applications for tourist visa's are handled by a Thai company (not australian citizens). Interviews with the Australian embassy personel are available on request. I'm thinking maybe to have the BF try to get the VISA on his own merits first (since he is educated, has a good job etc.) using the thai organization. If rejected, I could go with him to an "interview" when I'm in town in july. Unlike a US VISA, it appears thai's can have someone "support" their trip (financially). Here's a link to the webpage visa requirements: http://www.austembassy.or.th/bkok/DIMA08.html