Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gay Murder in Pattaya

Gay Murder in Pattaya

Case investigated and solved. Frenchman murdered inside his View Talay 2 Condo.

Police Major Satien from Dongtan Police Sub-station in Jomtien was called to the View Talay 2 Condo Complex Building B on Saturday afternoon after the discovery of a badly decomposed body of a foreign man inside one of the condos. The alarm was raised by Mr. Edward Portman from England who was friends with the deceased man; Mr. Philippe Maria Louis Sabatier aged 64 from France who had not been seen for more than one week. He went to his friends 4th Floor condo and found the front door was unlocked and then made the gruesome discovery. According to forensic doctors, the body had remained undiscovered for at least one week which is consistent with Mr. PortmanтАЩs account and the man had sustained a head injury and electric cable was found around his neck.

The complexтАЩs CCTV pictures were examined and at 5.10pm on 15th February, the victim, a practicing homosexual, was seen walking to his condo with two Thai men. Approximately 45 minutes later, the two Thai men left and appeared hurried as they ran down the corridor to the elevators.

The two were the prime suspects in the murder case and at this point, PattayaтАЩs Tourist Police joined the investigation and less than 24 hours later the two men were caught. They were identified as Khun Wichien aged 25 and Khun Vee aged 17 who sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach. They were located by Police Lieutenant Colonel Wootishart and his team and were taken back to the Tourist Police Station where they confessed to the murder.

Khun Vee mentioned that his mother was suffering from the latter stages of AIDS and money was urgently required for the continuation of her medical care. Khun Vee continued by saying that the pair stole a Sony Digital Camera, Mobile Phone and mini VCD player which had a combined value of 8,000 Baht.

The two were transferred to Pattaya Polcie Station where they were formally charged with 1st Degree Murder which could see them locked up for many years to come, if convicted of the crimes committed.

www.pattayacitynews.net/news_27_02_49.htm

Intervention

We all look forward to the Prime Minister intervening in the case, bringing it to a speedy conclusion and the accused getting the death penalty. Or perhaps that's only where the victim is young, female and a tourist?

Amazing in Thailand

I'm impressed that surveillance video cameras were actually functional and that the video captured was archived and available a week later!

Liked

Re: Gay Murder in Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M
    [b] the victim, a practicing homosexual
    What a discriminatory quote! Would Pattaya City News have written that the victim was "a practising heterosexual" if the two suspects "who sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach," were hookers rather than hustlers? BTW, I don't know this particular publication - is it anti-gay?

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

I am sure

that Mr Sabatier, if he was still alive would deny most vigorously that he was a practicing homosexual. Indeed I'm sure he would state he was very good at it.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Liked: 1
    Khun Vee continued by saying that the pair stole a Sony Digital Camera, Mobile Phone and mini VCD player which had a combined value of 8,000 Baht.
    only 8,000 baht ?
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Death

Always sad when someone dies and always worse when it is a violent senseless death. Also sad to see the number of murders and shootings increase so drastically in recent years. I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.

Liked
    I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.
    As much as I would like to agree, that's nonsense. Crime increases in Pattaya over the years because there in an increase in the population, first. Then add to this a strange reporting press and it's looks like the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Crime is pretty much an irrational random event that fluctuates for no clear reason(s).
    E Dok Tong

What rubbish, luvthai. As if prostitution is the only job on the planet. And anyway, there are more barboys currently in working in Pattaya than at any time ever in history.

Paradise, but not for all!

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    I guess as long as the new social order continues to eliminate the bar jobs and the boys have no other means by which to make a living the muggings murders and thefts will continiue to esculate.
    As much as I would like to agree, that's nonsense. Crime increases in Pattaya over the years because there in an increase in the population, first. Then add to this a strange reporting press and it's looks like the place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Crime is pretty much an irrational random event that fluctuates for no clear reason(s).
    Some crime is irrational with little visible reason. However, there have been years of research pointing to many factors involved in increased crime rates. Not going into any details but general reasons are thought to include social change / exclusion, economic instability, unemployment, drugs, opportunity (the chances or undertaking a crime and (not) getting caught), changes in the law, provocation etc etc Of course, all reasons never fully explain why some people affected by the above reasons undertake crime and others do not.

It is very sad that the guy in Pattaya was the victim of this crime, it could well have been anyone who has taken home someone they do not know i.e. you or I.