Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Adios Suan Lum Night Bazaar?

Liked
    The building in front is being demolished now. Funny, they just put up new flashing lights on that old tower.

About a year ago The Crown Property Bureau was saying that it was going to be a high rise condo (hi- so I assume) and an entertainment venue (mall I assume) and they were shooting for something higher than Baioke Tower.

E Dok Tong

Liked

Re: Suan Lum

Quote Originally Posted by Noom Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    I think at least part of the complex has been bought up the ever-present Central group. There were some attempts at evictions last year, but I'm not sure how it went.
    It ended up in a court case, which apparently found in favor of the owner (the Crown Property Bureau)...thus leading to the most recent eviction notice. Should see some action soon.
    I am curious as to whether the Crown Property Bureau were involved with the old airport, in any way.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked
    On the other side of the street there's a nice new low rise condo complex in the final phase of construction. K-Tech construction company, I hear it's being built well . Nice looking wood trim.

It's on Sathorn soi 1, next to the Q-House.

On the not so nice looking but I am told on the high end is then new Manhattan Condos at the foot of BTS Ratchathewi. Looks cold and impersonal.

I don't think they had much to do with the new airport but as you can see it's a uniquely Thai company so who really knows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_the_Crown_Property

Say Mr Lex, I seem to notice a lot of your current insult posts vanishing before my eyes. Are you slingin the usual vial insults and then in an Epiphany of goodness you find it in your heart to self delete the post before someone is offended? Or, is an 'invisible hand' a-foot?
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    I was told that the new building going up next to the Chinese restaurant on Rama 4 is to be a hotel..........highish end.

Suan Lum is a huge piece of property. Hopefully it is developed creatively

Liked
    Really, that's the one on the other side of the street across from Suan Lum? Then around the corner and down Soi Nahmdupree will be the new 400 room Ibis (sp?) that is also high(ish) end.

Who is going to stay in all these high end hotels in this area?

That Chinese restaurant is where Thai-Chinese hi-so crowd hang out. They arrive with drivers and the drivers sit outside on plastic chairs waiting. It's very basic inside and seems strange that so many arrive in expensive chauffeured cars.
    E Dok Tong

High end Ibis? Now I've heard everything.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by 555
    High end Ibis? Now I've heard everything.
    High(ish). I guess I been here too long. High end to me is anything with a western toilet, AC, a safe and a fridge.

Hard to tell just what either of these places will look like, too early in the construction.
    E Dok Tong

Liked
    Ibis is supposed to be mid range...will give Pinnacle some competition.Judging from the new lobby Pinnacle is embarking on a higher end quest,
    Good luck !
    That Chinese restaurant is a real institution among middle and upper class Chinese. A friend of mine usecd to be taken there as a child 25 years ago

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    Say Mr Lex, I seem to notice a lot of your current insult posts vanishing before my eyes. Are you slingin the usual vial insults and then in an Epiphany of goodness you find it in your heart to self delete the post before someone is offended? Or, is an 'invisible hand' a-foot?
    It's the invisible hand, and it's not only Mr Lex who is being censored.