Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Silom Review

Bangkok Silom Review

As the title suggests, I have done my own little review of a few (oh lord I dragged myself around so many places that I can't fit the review in here) bars, restaurants and guesthouses in the Silom Area of Bangkok - because that's where I am staying.

If you are interested in my personal opinion please feel free to look at the following blog and if you want to critique my critique, or indeed my spelling, please feel free to respond. Oh, and one more thing, I would not normally of course spend so much time in gogo bars, but I felt I had to try them all out just so I could give all you sweet people a balanced view

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=27

Liked
    Nice review of the Silom-Suriwong area scene, Fatman41! I "thought" I had posted a long reply commenting about your notes about the need to use physical force to get away from the doormen, etc., on Duanthawee Plaza -- unfortunately, your description was "right on" ! I hate using physical force to break away from people trying to force me to go somewhere, but the guys on the street still best known as "Soi Twilight" really have gone overboard. Unfortunate. Sorry my response on your blog was lost. I'll learn someday how to use all this technology!

G.P.

Keep on keeping on

I just keep walking

Liked
    Excellent, well written review, full of useful insights. Thank you fatman!

Liked
    What is the best way to book a room at the BBB Inn?

:drunken:

Liked
    Nice going Fatman ... what a lot of energy it takes to write such a long and involved series of reviews. Most appreciated!
    Maybe the whole thing could be reproduced (by the Moderator or Admin) in the Resource Forum one of these days.
    Hell . . . you even managed to squeeze a positive, not-sarcastic (for him!) kudo from Madame d'Homintern. A feat only rarely acomplished!

Thanks for the sharing

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    What is the best way to book a room at the BBB Inn? :drunken:
    Try the "reservations" page at the: BBB Inn website

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    Thanks for the well written reviews that provided useful information. I hope to visit a few of the places that I have not visited on previous trips. For the places I have visited on my last trip a few months ago, my experiences generally mirrored your own. Thanks again.
    If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Re: You missed The Balcony one of the best vantage points.

Quote Originally Posted by let me tell u
    This was the start of what must be the best Thai meal I have had for a long time I do love Cashew Nuts with chicken also Sweet and Sour Chicken so I ordered both
    These dishes are Chinese, not Thai.

so many straight people wander down the Soi by the time they get to the BALCONY they suddenly realize its Gay Soi
    Soi 4 is not a "gay soi". Of the couple of dozen venues in the soi, only 3 of them are gay.