Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Asian airports best in world ... but not BKK

Liked: 1

Asian airports best in world ... but not BKK

GENEVA, 25 February 2008 тАУ Airports Council International (ACI) today announced the top performing airports in the Airport Service Quality Survey. The ASQ rankings are based on the results from nearly 200,000 questionnaires completed by passengers in 2007. The survey captures the passengerтАЩs immediate appraisal of 34 airport service factors, from check-in through to departure at the gate.

For the third year in a row, Asia Pacific airports garnered the three top positions in the тАШworldwideтАЩ category, with SeoulтАЩs Incheon International Airport coming in first, Kuala Lumpur International Airport second and Singapore Changi in third place.

Best Airports Worldwide

1) Incheon, South Korea
    2) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    3) Singapore
    4) Hong Kong
    5)Central Japan (NGO)

Full story ...
    www.airports.org/cda/aci_common/display ... &cp=1-7-46^21375_666_2__
    (cut and paste whole URL)

Taipei a bit of a rathole

DELETED

Liked

Re: Taipei a bit of a rathole

Quote Originally Posted by weho
    Taipei is an old place with poor signage. Bangkok isn't that bad, except there are no signs which escalators can accept trolleys, and which ones can't, so people tumble down them all day long. I thought Penang was actually pretty good. Calcutta was pretty bad. Amman was pretty good for an Asian airport...
    LOL, we had a handle over at Thaivisa posting he same trolley bullshit

Don't use trolleys, they are a big nuissance, pack light and carry your baggage.

BKK is an average airport, but it does the job, immigration at times is mighty slow.

I like Phnom Penh, everything is quick there

Liked
    This interesting website ranks Suvarnabhumi as deep in the 'mediocre' category, receiving 3 of 5 on the airport rankings:
    http://www.airlinequality.com/AirportRanking/3-Star.htm (Hong Kong, Seoul, and Singapore are the only three airports rated 5 star).

For a good dollop of comic relief, dig this personal review by passenger Mr Peter Graczer, commenting on an airline named Air Koryo:

7 April 2006

Flew Beijing to Pyongyang return on an Il-62. Some wonderfully nostalgic touches, including dry ice and folk music in the cabin that gave the flight a cool '60s feel.
    Flight was full as the Thai football team were on board. I think one of the engines may have been inoperative, but otherwise the flight was fine. The meal, in fact, was larger than most other airlines I have flown; the crew were courteous, and extras such as confectionary and magazines were all provided. Safety procedures common on other carriers were obviously not adhered to, such as crew walking around collecting trays as we came in land! Along the runway in Pyongyang you can see the shells of other planes which have obviously been cannibalised to ensure that at least one stays on the air. All in all I would recommend Koryo to anyone who doesn't necessarily regard safety as a priority in their air travel.
    :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Re: Taipei a bit of a rathole

DELETED

Liked
    He is just pulling your chain. I presume it's the same guy that created a hilarious thread over at Thaivisa on this very subject.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... pic=106518

Wsating time

You are wasting your time trying to persuade Noom Lex that anything in Thailand is less than perfect. He came here as a wet-behind-the ears youth, converted to Siamism and has never looked back (or sideways)